Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bored and Bald

I got admitted to the hospital on Friday. I felt really awful. They swabbed me for the flu, but apparently I don't have it because I don't have a cough. Just a really bad head cold. My face is killing me. All the sinus pressure.

It's pretty boring in here, I've watched so much tv that they're playing the movies over again. I was up in the middle of the night because it's so hard to sleep here.

Yesterday, my savior and hubby brought me the laptop! Yeah, I can communicate with the world again.

Anyhoo, so I'm sitting here and hair is everywhere. I guess it's started, the bald part of the chemo. A woman's worst nightmare. I keep imagining myself leaving the hospital looking like the crypt keeper. Remember him? I guess when I get home, I'll give Matt a haircut, then he can do me. (ETA - I mean he'll cut my hair!! Get your mind out of the gutter!) I'll be so pretty. I really didn't think it would fall out like this, I thought it would be a bit here and there, but no, it's a lot. Not clumps, but it's everywhere. One consolation is that it's happening in the hospital and not at home, so they can clean it up! Gotta look at the bright side, right?

Anyway, can't dwell on things you can't change, and I got a rockin' red wig waiting for me at home.

I can't wait to go home. I'm so ready to scrap. I actually scrapped Thursday night, and that layout was going to be my Friday post, but then I woke up at 3 am with a fever and ended up here. I really miss my kids. I'm quarantined until the official flu test results come back in 36 hours... which they should be in by now. Josh, AKA Justin Timberlake (he looks just like him) took my blood this morning and when the doctor gets those results, maybe I can go home. Cross your fingers!

I found a couple of pictures I had saved in photobucket that I never got a chance to share with you. Remember how much I wanted and wanted the Cosmo Cricket Early Bird line? Well, guess what??? My hubby got it for me for my birthday!! I just had to point him in the right online direction and he ordered it up for me.

Check it out - I even found the chipboard, can't wait to use this:
CC stuff

But wait, there's more!!

While at Walmart, I happened across this Martha Stewart Loopy Punch set. I love it. Haven't used it yet, but I played with it. Went back the next day to get one for a friend, and they were all gone.

ms punches

That's it for now. Hope you all are having a great Sunday. Take care.

14 comments:

Pattie said...

Feel better soon so you can get back to scrappin'! Those husbands just need a big ol' hint in the right direction for those presents! DH and I were in Greensburg Saturday - looks like he'll be going to school there (the company he works for is closing). Take care of yourself!

Christie said...

((((Hugs)))) Love the Cosmo Cricket! And the loopy punch. It took me a bazillion trips to Mike's to find mine. Take Care!

Jocelyn said...

Oh sweetie...I am so sorry for the hospitalization...I know how you feel....you can never rest in those places.....Please take it easy and get HOME!!!!! Love all the scrappy goodies...I so want that punch set but have not been able to find it!!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers...Email me when you have a change and let me know that you are home!!! GwainBear@aol.com!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

XO girl!!!
get well soon!!!

joscelyne cutchens said...

I am so sorry that you are in the hospital (and that your hair is falling out) I hope you'll get the all clear soon. Yay for the loopy punch, i love that set, isn't it so cute?! I ordered mine through amillionlittlethings as soon as it came online.

Elizabeth said...

have fun with all that paper!! Playing with it will make you feel all better.
{{HUGS}}

PattiM said...

{{{{{{HUGS!!}}}}}} Hope you get to go home tomorrow, actually I hope your home right now. OOOH, thats some yummy Cosmo. Have fun playing. And I'm so jealous you got both loopy punches. I haven't bought it because I want to go to the stamp store in Vegas and actually buy some stamps instead of just looky loo... Take care and I can't wait to see you with your new doo.

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about the hospital and the hair :( I;m glad to hear you're staying positive, though!

Also, I love that CC line :)

okanogangirl said...

{{hugs}} can't wait to see you rockin' that red wig! get feeling better!

Jingle said...

Chris, I am so sorry about your hair! I know that is the part that scared you the most! At least you have a really cute wig ready to go! I can't wait to see how you look in it!

Amy said...

love the early bird! one of these days, i'd like to make a recipe box and recipe cards w/it. sorry you're not feeling well and losing your hair already!! you're going to rock the redhead bombshell look :)

Marfa said...

Oh, I agree with you...there's no place like home. I hope you get back soon, I bet the kids really miss you too.

XO

Kristin said...

Hope you are enjoying being home and feeling more like yourself. Sending hugs your way :-)

Kelli said...

Thank you for sharing! I hope you don't get any germs!
I love that punch and can't wait to see what you do with it.