Friday, October 23, 2009

Dorothy said it best...

“There’s no place like home.”

I returned home from the hospital on Tuesday. It was soooo nice and quiet, and I had the best nights sleep Tuesday night. Love.my.bed. :)

I feel 100% better. I’m so glad. My chemo had to be postponed until next Wednesday, but I was OK with that. It’s nice to feel “normal” and healthy for a bit.

I'm afraid to go out in public for fear of catching another cold or worse, but, I can’t live like that, so I’ll just have to be super careful. Yesterday, I went with my hubby to run some errands. We went to the post office and the library. I stayed in the car. Then we went to the Meadows Frozen Custard shop and got an ice cream thru the drive thru window.... that picked up my spirits! After that, we went to Seton Hill Universities cemetery, and I took some cool fall shots. Kinda spooky.

cemetary

AND... toot, toot, toot.... did you see page 116 in the November issue of Creating Keepsakes???

Photobucket

That’s my layout baby!! I’m so very proud. It was also such an honor to be in the same magazine with Ali Edwards, Becky Higgins, and Lizzy K! Not to mention my old CK and blogging buddies, Joscie, Noel and Kim! What a great issue to get to be in.

I still need to finish up my one layout, I’ll have that ready next week. I spent most of this week pretty much doing nothing. It was nice.

Have a fabulous weekend. Get out and enjoy the fall if you can.

15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

So glad that you are home and feeling better and yes stay away from the public...so much is going around....I know from experience....during this time you are a walking sponge for all those germs!!!!! Love the photo and WOO HOO....I saw your LO in the magazine and I was so proud I was shouting at Joe and Danielle....look!!!!!!! Love you girlie and have a great, relaxing weekend!!!! :-)

Shelley Haganman said...

I am so glad to hear you are home and in your own bed! There is NO sleeping in the hospital(I know from personal experience)! Congrats on the pub in CK! You go girl!!!

Pattie said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better and congratulations on being published! Take care of yourself!

Kathleen Summers said...

Super congrats! I haven't gotten my Nov CK yet, but you bet I'll be taking a closer look at pg 116! ;)

Christie said...

Congrats on the pub! You do deserve it! And you should frame that spooky fall picture and use it in your Halloween decorations! Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

Yay for the CK magazine!! All I can say is FINALLY! You deserve it! I'm so glad you are back home & feeling better. Yep, you're right, there's no place like home!

Amy said...

love your fall photo! congrats on the CK pub....saw it, it looks great...fun to tell people, hey, i know her! :) very fun!

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

great spooky photo!
I am SO glad you are home...you are right there is absolutely no place like it!
HUGS GIRL

laverneboese said...

hey lady. so glad you're home. And congratulations on the CK publication!!!!! Your layout is gorgeous.

Beth Perry said...

Hey babydoll!!!

so glad you are back home!! it IS nice, isn't it. I hope you are doing well.
and YAY CONGRATS ON THE PUB!!!You so deserve it and that 2 page layout is sooo freaking beautiful!!
Talk to you soon, love!
B

Lisa Dorsey said...

Glad you are feeling better! That 2 pager is beautiful! Congrats on your pub!

Lisa Howard said...

Hey there Girlie! Boy am I'm glad to hear you are home and feeling better! Equally glad to hear you are being overly cautious...take care of yourself, Sweet One!!! Love that photos...eerily fall! And yes, I did see your wonderful layout...wasn't surprised in the least to see you there. Your work is awesome!!! Hope you are having a fun-filled weekend! xoxo L

Drea said...

Oh Sweetie........I am soo sorry you have been under the weather!! If it's not one thing...........it's another!

I saw your layout in CK and thought........Way To Go Chris!!

You rock!

Hugging You Tight!

Jody said...

Woohooooooo! Congrats on the CK pub! It's wonderful :)
Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

glad u are home and loving that photo and the pub!!!!! wooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo!!!! awesome work! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)