Friday, October 30, 2009

Funny Story...

On Monday I had to get my blood tested for my white cell count to see if I could get chemo on Wednesday... all the counts were good and I got my chemo. While I was getting my blood taken, this nurse walks in and is staring at my hair (aka my wig) and I'm getting rather paranoid... I kept thinking she knows it's a wig, she knows... then she blurts out..."I love your highlights!"

OMG, I was floored. Talk about making my day. You have no idea how weird it is to walk around with a wig on. At first it was itchy, and made me cry, now it's not so bad, I'm getting used to it, but I feel like I'm wearing a hat all the time.

Of course, I say, in my typical Chris fashion, thanks, it's a wig. Why I tell people this stuff when she had no idea, I don't know, but I do that stuff all the time. Like someone will say they love my boots and I'll say I got them at TJ Maxx for $25! It's pretty funny. I'm weird like that I guess.

Are you ready for Christmas? I'm not ~ but I did a Christmas type layout. There was a challenge on Serendipity Scrapbooks board to do a layout of your favorite movie, and the one that came to mind was It's a Wonderful Life. We have the dvd, but I always can't wait for it to come on TV. That movie is Christmas to me.

I made this layout pretty graphic looking. Pulled the photos from the net, and printed them on a matte paper.

Life cu2

I pulled some of my favorite quotes from the movie, like "Every time a bell rings, and angel gets his wings."

Here's a close up:
Life cu1

Take care, and don't forget to feel your boobies this month coming up!
Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Jingle said...

HELLO SUPER CUTE LAYOUT! For reals. I love it! And I do the same thing when people compliment something - I blurt out the great deal I got or whatever! LOL! Then I kick myself! HA!

Lydia said...

This is so awesome what a sensational way to document your favorite movie. Love it~

Christie said...

I do the same thing! And my dh is even worse! Love the layout and that is one of my favorite movies too. I have the Hallmark Christmas ornament of it.

Andrea Amu said...

Ohh, I love this movie too and always look forward to watching it. I also think I have a certin fondness for Jimmy Stewert because of his connections to PA! Beautifully finished page design!

I think it's amazing that you got comments on your wig's high-lites! That must be one gorgeous wig you are wearing... good for you!

PS... check out my latest blog post when you can. I left you an award! :) Have a great weekend!

Brooke said...

great LO, love that movie.

knew you would rock that wig

Debbie said...

Chris...I had no idea you were going through chemo...I wish I had known. Keping you in my prayers and thoughts! You have a great attitude!

Michelle said...

Great layout! I ♥ anything & everything Christmas-y! Love the story about the wig! You go girl!

Jocelyn said...

Oh what a wonderful attitude you have.....you inspire me!!!! Love the LO....That is my all time favorite movie!!!!! You rocked it!!!! Wishing you a great weekend!!! :-)

Erica Hettwer said...

That is so funny! I'd totally do the same thing. :D My mom LOVES It's a Wonderful Life, LOVES it! Like every time it's on, she watches it. Then, she digs out her copy and watches it. For me it's White Christmas. I gotta watch that multiple times during the holidays. Just love it!

Amy said...

i do the same exact thing! i blurt and then i think, why can't i just keep my mouth shut and say thanks? actually had an idea to do a l/o about it but still have yet to attempt it. :) could you please email me your snail mail address? i have a little something to send you :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!!!!!!! u have nooooooooooooooooooooo idea...but that is my fave fave fave fave fave fave movie ever in my entire life!!! in fact ... my hubby's twins were born still born and i did a lo about their new christmas decorations at their grave...and included bells on the lo with the angel/wings quote too!!! wowwwwwww!!!! that lo of yours is PURE MAGIC!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it soooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!! and that wig story makes me giggle....and u are soooooooooooooooooo not the only one...someone says..."i love your shoes..." i say..."oh thanks i've had them forever and got them at payless!!" lol lol lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PattiM said...

LOve your LO and that movie. The film strip and poster are a perfect addition to your journaling.
I'm so glad you were able to continue with your chemo. And I usually blurt out the price of things. But, aren't we usually excited to tell what a great deal it is or to shock someone. LOL Take care Chris and I felt my tata's today...

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Kristin said...

Love the LO!

And I totally would have said the same thing about the highlights! I blurt out loads of things that I really don't need to share with everyone, oh well...keeps things interesting :-)

Drea said...

MY Favorite movie is It's A Wonderful Life also! I just watched it a few weeks ago......then promptly put in White Christmas.

I miss you my dear.

Hugs,

Drea