Monday, October 5, 2009

Hello "Katie"

I made a card for Jennifer McGuire's card drive for Kate. Kate is a little 5 year old girl with brain cancer. I was trying to come up with something fun and cute and interactive. I thought of making a dress up doll, but, I don't really have any die cuts for that. But, I did have a hello kitty die cut, so I made a Hello Katie card. I think I'll go to Mike's or Jo's and get some Hello Kitty stickers to throw in there. Jen is collecting these cards up until Oct. 15 then she's going to send them all to Kate's mom.

I'm going to apologize now for the terrible photos. Must have been too dark.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used lots of glitter and felt for the eyes so she could run her fingers over it and feel the kitty "fur".

That's it for today. I have a layout on my desk, but it's just not quite there yet. I think it needs more "stuff".

Have you seen page 116 of the November CK yet? Me neither, but I think I need to go hunt one down. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Have a great day.

7 comments:

Jingle said...

This is just too adorable! I love it! And NO! I haven't seen your page yet, but I am stalking my mailbox! LOL!

Jody said...

Such a cute, clever card, she will love it :)
I just read your last post...thank you for telling others your story...it could help save someone's life.
I know because my daughter is in remission from bone cancer and from us having her story out there, it DID save another young woman's arm and possibly her life.
So Bless you for that :)

Jocelyn said...

Love the card and just to let you know I was thinking and praying for you today!!! :-)

Samantha said...

Great card! I love the play on Hello Kitty. I'm quite sure she'll love it, too!

I just got my CK today and YES! I did see page 116. WAY TO GO, GIRL! That was a great LO.

Lydia said...

That is so adorable, love it!! Perfect for a little girl~

Angie... by the said...

So adorable Chris, and I cannot wait to get my CK in the mail! I'm soooo proud of you and soooo happy that this, of all the months you need it, is when something wonderful like this happened for you. You have amazing talent!

Amy said...

saw your layout! it looks wonderful in the magazine ~ congrats again! :)