Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

My friend Shelley Haganman sent me this award and I thought I would play along! I am so honored that Shelley chose little ole me! THANK YOU SHELLEY!!

Here is how it works....

*Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award
*Share “10 Honest Things” about myself
*Present the award to 9 other bloggers whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design or to those who have encouraged me
*Be sure to tell the 9 bloggers chosen that you are giving them the Honest Scrap award and provide the guidelines for them

skunky line

OK, so here's my 10 honest things:

1. I love my life, I really do. I worked hard for what I have and work hard at being a good mom and wife, and a good business owner. I have my flaws, I'm so not perfect, neither is my life, but I'm pretty happy.

2. Having cancer has restored my faith in humans. Everyone ~ nurses, doctors, friends, family and my internet friends have been such a blessing thru this rough time. Really, I used to hate people. I worked in a restaurant and some people are so mean. I actually disliked people so much so, that I lived by myself in a tiny apartment for a year. Friends often asked me how could I stand it... I loved it. Just me and my cat. Now, I think I'd be lonely.

3. I'm hopelessly addicted to the internet. When we first got internet at work back in 1995, I thought, this is dumb, what are people going to use it for. Yeah, I laugh now, too.

4. I hate whiners. OK, I mean, I'll give you a whiney day, we all have those, but it's the constant whiners that really irk me. Shut up already and do something about it if you're so miserable.

5. I hate mean people (see #2). I mean, OK dude, I'm sorry you had a bad day, but why is it my fault???

6. I cried because my hair is going to fall out. I know, it's silly. I can handle the chemo and nausea, but the thought of not having hair scares me... I figure I have 3-7 more days of hair left. I'm mourning the loss of my hair more than my boob. People see my hair, not many see my boob. (although of late, I have to say it's been on display quite a bit!)

7. I love my kids sooo much it hurts. How is it possible to love them this much? They are my world.

8. I'm crying writing this, I'm such a sap. Don't ever cry in front of me because we'll both look like blubbering idiots! I've always been so sentimental and empathetic. (which is funny if you read #2). When I was a little girl, I remember my mom telling my kindergarten teacher that I was very sensitive and would get my feelings hurt very easily. I've toughed up since then, but I think as I get older, I'm turning back into an old softee.

9. I love art. I love drawing and painting and photography and illustration and clay and pasting paper and pictures. I love looking at other peoples art. I love Andy Warhol and Degas and Van Gogh and Monet. I love Remington. I've always drawn. I remember getting a box of 100+ crayons for Christmas when I was little, probably only 4, it was my most favorite gift. Then my mom started buying me paint by numbers, I loved those. I love painting. I should get back into it.

10. I was going to be an architect, but once we got to the part where we had to put the beams in, I really didn't care if the house was going to stand, I just wanted to make it pretty.

skunky line

OK, now I get to pick 9 bloggers that I admire. I admire them for lots of reasons. Creativity, strength, humor...

Michelle - The Life I Live
Jocelyn - Simply Me
Patti - Scrapping is My Passion
Jody - Clean and Simple
Ellen - Today I am Thankful For
Stacy - Just So You Know
Martha - Scrumptious
Lisa - Takin' Life One Day at a Time
Kristin - Glue and Popsicle Sticks

OK, that's 9.... I could keep going, I'd like to pick everyone!

Have a great beautiful day. Remember, the time to be happy is now!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks, Chris!! I'm honored! I'll be doing this in a bit! It take courage to post such honesty! You are my inspiration!

Lydia said...

This is really cool and a great way to get to know a little more about you. I love your blog header did you design it? that owl is fantastic, and I totally love it!!

Jocelyn said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful award!!!! I loved reading about you and I musr say...that today you made me a better person.....! I cannot believe the strength and courage that you had to face what is head of you!!!!

I know about losing the hair...been there with my best friend and she was not willing to lose her hair...she did and you know what...she was stunning!!!! Easy to say for me...because I had my hair...but then I say the world through her eyes and it changed me!!!

Please know that I am thinking and praying for you and send me your email...I would love to get your address and send you a card!!!!

Love you sweet friend!!!

Lisa T. Howard said...

Hi Sweetie! OMGoodness! What an inspiring post! Don't think for a minute you were alone with your tears...you had me sobbing. And for once in my life I'm at a complete loss for words. I just want to reach through my screen and give you a big hug! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself...for being open and honest about your feelings and your fears. Definitely put some things I've been dealing with into perspective. And I feel most honored that you would think of me. I will be certain to include it in my next post. In fact, it's ironic that my next post is where I'm sharing my mini bra album for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Sending you love and hugs!!!
L

Jody said...

Hi Chris!
A couple of things...
1) Thank you so much for the "bloggy", I feel honored :)
2) I scrolled down a bit and saw your "Fabulous Fall" page, holy moly girl, that is AWESOME!
3) I have been thinking about you since yesterday and I want you to know if you ever need to vent, I am an email away. Being so close to my daughter when she went through all the different stages...hell, I went through all the stages too. Just know there is a perfect stranger out in cyberland that cares. (From the looks of it, there are many!)
Hugs,
Jody

Jen Martakis said...

Hi Chris, I don't really know you well but I just wanted to tell you that your post today really has touched me. You are an amazing woman and I will be thinking about and praying for you. (((hugs)))

Stacy said...

You are the sweetest. Thanks for the award. I need to dig deep to find things people don't know about me; I'm sorta "out there" already, LOL!

Drea said...

Oh Chris.........givin' ya a huge hug. I totally hear ya on MEAN people.....just don't get them OR Whiners!! Just get over it already!!

Now.......you and your hair loss. I have a feeling you will be one of those GORGEOUS bald people! Hatin ya already!! Just be positive.....think......you can be a red head if ya want!! Ha!!

Great blog my dear!!

Hugs,

Drea

Shelley Haganman said...

Of course I picked you! I know we are just "blogging" friends but friends are friends. I cried reading your post so you were not alone! As a cancer survior too I am here for you girlfriend! I wish you all the very best and love your attitude about life! Shelley

Erica Hettwer said...

You have such a cute face, you are going to look fabulous with no hair!

Besides, this wil be an awesome opportunity to try sportin' a mohawk! ;)

ps~I loved your "feel your boobies" post. Very honest and very heartfelt and the "feel you boobies" just cracks me up. Gotta laugh through the tears sometimes.

ellen s. said...

i cried reading this! LOL! i loved reading it and feel so honored that you asked me to do this. you are an inspiration to all of us

kimosabescraps said...

I always like reading these lists... Great reading!!

PattiM said...

Thank you for the award!!! I'm honored!!
Love your honesty and kick ass attitude. We're all here for you, supporting and praying for you. Your not alone, family, friends and cyberfriends are all around you.
Hair, I'd be picking different wigs, color and cut to try. Besides, you might loose your hair but your hair is not who you are. Its a badge of honor for what your dealing with and its more important to remember its for a very good cause. I definitely think its worth it. Hair grows back.

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Samantha said...

LOL - you crack me up! I can't even imagine losing my hair, but I guess this gives you the opportunity to try out new styles and colors! I'm with you on the Internet, too...hopelessly addicted, that's for sure.

Kristin said...

Yeah! Thanks so much for the cool and cute award! I most certainly will play along and it definetly brightened my day!

Amy said...

i loved reading this post. you are going to kick some cancer butt :) i'd probably cry if i was going to lose my hair, too. i have a feeling that you'll be beautiful without hair anyway...sending you {hugs} and prayers.