Thursday, October 29, 2009

She's so sweet....

A few weekends ago, I took some photos of my niece. She is going to be 18 years old. I really can't believe it. I did a photo shoot with her in my back yard for her senior casual portraits. I used my bricks on my house for some texture, the bench by the trees, and a chair. Her dad (my brother) was real pleased with them, so we're going to get some more prints made, and I'd like to give some to her mom (they're divorced).

Anyway, I had her wallets sitting on my desk and thought they'd make a cute layout, so I pulled out this fun BoBunny paper and here's what I came up with. The title tells it all because if you've ever met Michelle, you'd definitely say that She is sweet.

Sweet

Here's a couple of closeups.

Here I used my new Martha Stewart Loopy punch on the blue:
Sweet cu 2

Sweet cu 1

I ended up doing the layout for a daily challenge on Serendipity Scrapbooks. They have a fun daily challenge every day, and the more you do, the more chances you have for a prize.

Creative Charms Products
I've been working with Creative Charms - an embellishment company - for about a year now. I do their package designs and their catalogs and also some sales sheets. I also do some scrappy stuff for them once in a while.

I love their stuff. They have these great antique brads, they're my favorite. Well, the good news is, if you can't find their stuff at your LSS, they are now carrying Creative Charms embellies at Addicted to Scrapbooking. Check it out if you get a chance.

I recently did this layout for a Breast Cancer Awareness kit that CC was selling. Lot's of Creative Charms product on here. The metal butterfly brads are cool, because you can lift up their wings for dimension:
Photobucket

This is from a different layout, but you can see the wings lifted:
baby blues cu2

That's it for today. I had chemo yesterday, and all went well. I feel pretty good. As long as I can keep the nausea in check, I'm good. I'm going to work on some projects for Indiana University of PA, then I think I'll relax and watch a movie. Sounds good! I'm glad I don't have a hard job, LOL! Or one where I have to go into the office. I really don't miss that. I love working from home. :)

Have a great day!!

13 comments:

Christie said...

Great layouts Chris! Those butterfly brads are cool. I'm glad to hear the chemo isn't too bad. Rest up!

Jingle said...

Cute layouts! Those brads really are way cool! I love those!

Stacy said...

Gorgeous as always. Take care of yourself.

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

great los
hugs girl
glad you are up & about!

Andrea Amu said...

Okay, I feel stipid, because i had NO idea that you were sick and going through chemo, Chris! I am so sorry to hear this :( Hang in there and stay strong!

This is a beautiful layout. Your niece is lucky to have an Aunt into photography to take her Senior pix! I also did my niece's Senior shots 2 years ago. Love the puffy title letters and the loopy border punch detail here too!

Take care!

Pattie said...

Love those butterfly brads. Thanks for the info on where to find the embellies. By the way, Go IUP! :) (my alma mater). Take care of yourself!

Shelley Haganman said...

Super cute photos and layout!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Chris love the Layout!!!! It is just perfect!!!!! So glad that you do not have to go and can work from home!!!!! Hoping the nausea can be kept at bay!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

holy smokes................ i love love love love that lo!!!!!! gorgeous!!!! loveeeeeeeeeee the colors!!! hoping u feel better soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle Lanning said...

awe love those pictures and her red hair - gorgeous! The layouts came out awesome too!

Lynn said...

hugs and prayers!! the lo's are gorgeous and the photos are wonderful!!!!

Ginny said...

Sending you hugs & prayers. I love the lo of your niece. I just bought the MS loopy punch set & can't get it to line up right. Is there a trick?

Chrispea said...

Ginny, just follow the measurements that came with it, that's what I did, otherwise it doesn't work out.