Friday, October 9, 2009

Stinkin' Hybrid

I did this little card yesterday. You might recognize the little skunk from my spring blog header.

I had a heck of a time cutting out my skunk with my silhouette. It would get to the tail then quit. I thought it was broken. So I typed some letters and it cut those, which led me to believe it was the file. I had to draw the little "stinker's" outline all over again.

Matt, my dh, draws all the illustrations for me. Isn't it handy to have an illustrator for a hubby?

The little stinker is in my computer and I can mass make this cute card now!! Great for stuff like Etsy, eh? Invites, Christmas cards... gotta love hybrid. :)

I stole the copy from a card I got from my friend Joscie, it says "I stink... you're sweet."

Here's the outside:
Skunk Card

Close up, I used pop dots to give the skunk and the sentiment some dimension. Then to add a little sparkly zip, I put clear stickles on his tail, black stickles on his eyes and pink stickles on his nose.
Skunk cu

And just a quick shot of the inside:
Skunk inside

I sent this card to Jennifer McGuire along with my HELLO KATIE card, thanking her for her involvement with the card drive.

We have a busy weekend in store, I can't wait. I feel great... no more nausea, don't have to take those crazy meds. Yippee. We'll be spending the day in Ligonier Pennsylvania for their Fort Ligonier Days celebration. Big, big parade. I hope to get lots of photos. I love the parade there, it's the best. Really long, but so fun.

I'm taking my 18 year old niece along with us. Then afterward, weather permitting, I'd like to get her casual senior picture shots. I have some great ideas. I hope they turn out.

That's it for today. Take care, have a great weekend!!

Photobucket

11 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

OHmyGosh. that is sooooooo cute. so.cute. btw, i am totally feeling my boobies, and I hope that doesn't sound weird. I'm glad you're feeling well. My MIL is half way through her chemo right now and she says she always feels good like the first few days and then tired after that. I hope you continue to feel well. sending my love and prayers your way, always.

Jocelyn said...

Love the card and so glad to hear that you are feeling well!!! Sounds like a fun weekend!!!! Keep up this wonderful attitude...you inspire me!!!! Love ya girlie..:-)

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

oooo cool!
have fun!
so glad you are feelin better!

Pamela said...

This is awesome! I absolutely love it! :)

Jingle said...

Love! Love! Love! This card just makes me super happy!

Jody said...

That is such an adorable card!
I love all the dimension
(I have been addicted to pop-dots of late)
Hope you have a nice weekend :)

Amy said...

absolutely adorable! love it! especially love the little bit of sparkle you added. super cute :)

Elizabeth said...

That card is so adorable!! It's "stinkin'" cute!

Marfa said...

I loved it as your header...now even more as a card! The glitter you added on the nose is perfect!!!

Lisa T. Howard said...

Your card is too, too cute! Glad to hear you are feeling better. I just read your previous post...be careful, Girlfriend! I've done stuff like that before and couldn't even remember getting home. After that one, I heeded the warning labels. Hope you are having a great weekend! xoxo L

Kelli said...

I love that skunk! And the fact you used your silhouette to cut it out means I might have to unpack mine, I tried to sell it, I just don't love it.