Monday, November 30, 2009

Break Over!

So sorry, I meant to post something last week, but, I got lazy and took a break. Actually, I wasn't lazy, just very busy. We hosted Thanksgiving here, and although my dh did almost all the work, I was soooo very tired. I really can't wait to be done with this chemo and be "normal" again. It was nice to do nothing after Thanksgiving, tho. We got some movies on Friday and just watched them all day.

I made the matching place cards for Thanksgiving. They matched the candle ring things I had made earlier. They're not fancy, but they did the job:
Photobucket

And, it snowed on Friday:
snow nov 09

It all melted by mid afternoon.

Saturday we celebrated Matt's birthday with his dad and stepmom. We had Chinese food, and I ate spicy tuna sushi, totally forgetting that I'm not supposed to eat raw or undercooked meats while on chemo... (oops). I meant to only eat the cali rolls, but OMGosh that was good spicy tuna!

I made these babies last night... Christmas ATC's Tim Holtz style:
ATC 1

I first used clear embossing powder on the white swirls. Then I sprayed some blue and a bit of orange mist onto wax paper and then smeared the card into it. Then I stamped the deer and put black embossing powder on him. Then I stamped the ornaments onto the deer antlers and used silver embossing powder on those. The stamps are all Basic Grey from a few years back. It was a messy project, but fun to do.

I got some great mail goodies last week that I'll share with you later. Haven't had a chance to take pictures yet.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.... and if you're not from the US, hope you had a great weekend. :)

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Chris I love the pic of the table!!!! So sorry about feeling so tired...but that is what the lovely chemo does....and yikes....the SPICY TUNA sounds great!!!

You had snow....I am jealous!! I can't wait for it to snow here!!

Wishing you a great week...sweet friend!! :-)

Christie said...

Did I miss my spot at your table? ;-) Just kidding! Your table looks great and I love the ATC. I've never tried the TH look. I don't think it would turn out right for me. Rest up and take care of yourself!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love love love love love those placecards and that card u made!!!! and i WANT snow!!! I know, I know...I said PEOPLE in PHOENIX shut down when it RAINS....but I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee any WEATHER that is NOT the SUN 315 days a year!!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Abby said...

Your table looks lovely! Very nice ATC! I'm so jealous of your snow...even if it did melt. ;)

Jingle said...

Beautiful tablescape! Your ATC's look AWESOME!!!

ellen s. said...

oh that ATC is amazing and i looove the place cards!

and snow! oh man...it is cold here now so that cold front you had must have moved here ;)

Andrea Amu said...

Beautiful ATC! Love all that stamping and the colors... and how cute to have the ornaments hanging from the antlers!

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! Your table setting was lovely!