Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Little Behind...

on blogging. I wanted to post this yesterday, but the day got away from me.

On Sunday Emma and I went to Art Tech's open house. They are my local scrapbook store, but they also sale lots of art supplies and stamps... tons and tons of stamps. I was looking for an ATC stamp, but they didn't have one. I managed to buy some stuff anyway. I got some of the new Basic Grey Christmas line Eskimo Kisses. I've been seeing so many cute projects with that paper.

Here are some cards we made at the open house... these were so fun and easy to make. Don't ya just love make and takes? Everything is cut for you... love that. We used the Ranger alcohol inks on vellum, then we punched out leaves from it. It's so cute! And they embossed the words using Coordinates cardstock. That was my first time using it. Loved that too.

Here are the cards:
Give Thanks

Here's a close up of the leaves, it was a Marvey punch, that punched and embossed:
Give Thanks Cu

I was so excited to do those, because I needed to make cards for my mother-in-law and sister-n-law... got to check that off of my list. I was going to add a button at the top, but then I thought, nah, I need to mail these, so I just kept them flat.

I have an entire set of Dr. Martin's dyes from back in art school... they're just like the alcohol inks... but I just never think to get them out and use them.

skunky line

On a sad note... last Friday, we had our little pug dog Louie put to sleep... that is such a strange term. We felt it was time. He was 15 years old, and couldn't get around very well, having accidents 9 out of 10 times... it's really sad to see your pet get old and frail. He lived a really happy good life. It's hard to remember how spunky he used to be. I found a couple of old photos of him, one is when we first brought him home. He was so small, and his face was so black! What a cutie.

Here is Louie as a baby... he's on the blanket with his big brother Oskar, our first pug.
baby louie

And, here's Louie in his hey day, all healthy and chubby. Little bit of gray on his muzzle, he was about 10. Baby Sophie is in the background, she used to be little!
Louie and baby sophie

RIP, little Louie, we will miss you.

14 comments:

Erica Hettwer said...

I'm so sorry. :( It sounds like you had some wonderful years with him.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i am sooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry about louie :( on a happier note...i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the leaves on those cards! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Shelley Haganman said...

So sorry to hear about Louie. Love, love, love those leaves!

Jocelyn said...

O sweet friend....I am so sorry about Louie.....I have always wanted a Pug and the pics of him are so adorable!!! Louie and my Porsha are together...running in the grass and playing.....The card is just beautiful and so glad you got out to your favorite store!!! I so need to get my butt in gear....

Kelli said...

So sorry to hear about Louie.

The leaves are really neat!

Jingle said...

I am so sad about Louie. Your cards are beautiful! Those leaves really look great!

Lydia said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, the card it wonderful and way to rock the core!

Elizabeth said...

{{Hugs}} Sorry about Louie!!

I love the cards. Those leaves look so real. :D

vtpuggirl said...

My heart hurts for you, I'll be a mess when it's time for my pug to go to the bone yard in the sky. Hugs! Beautiful card!

Denise said...

sorry about your pup!
He looks like he was a character.
lovely cards.

Melonie said...

Love the cards and sooo sorry about Louie.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Great cards, M&T are fun! So sorry to hear about your sweet puppy. :(

Beth Perry said...

OH MY GOSH, GIRL!!! LOUIE LOOKED ABSOLUTELY HAPPY AND PROBABLY SPOILED ROTTEN!! He is such an adorable dog and to live til 15?? yeah, he was well taken care of.
Love love those cards!!
B

cindy said...

Love those leaf cards. Great job:)
http://www.cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/