Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Meeting a Scrappy Friend and a Digi

Today I'm going to meet a sweet scrappy friend for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Her name is Kim aka Destiny1 and we met on the All Moments Remembered board. She lives pretty close to me, on the other side of Pittsburgh, so we're going to meet in the middle. Should be super fun. I've got some scrappy goodies to cheer her up. I'm going to take my camera and hopefully get some shots. Gotta make sure that battery is charged up!

Yesterday, I did a digi Christmas layout. It was fun to do digi for a change. I pulled some photos from last Christmas and whipped it together.

Xmas

I used the November Page Maps sketch. 95% of the product came from Crystal Wilkerson's Vintage Candy Cane kit sold here.

Doing that layout really made me excited for Christmas!! But, we gotta do Thanksgiving first, which I love.

So, do you brine your turkey? We've been brining our turkey's for the last 5 years, and it makes a world of difference. They seem to brown better AND they are so super juicy. Mmmm... now I want turkey! We're doing Thanksgiving here and the in-laws are coming over. My MIL was worried that I'd be tired, but really, I enjoy cooking. Like I said the other day, I was bored so I made the carrot cake, which turned out sooo super yummy!! I took a photo for you!

carrot cake

I'm sorry the photo is a bit dark, but gese, it gets so dark now with the time change!! This cake is soooo super moist. I put raisins in it rather than nuts because my son is allergic to nuts. Yum, yum!

Well, I'm off to get ready for my lunch date. I know it's early, but I'm afraid the traffic into Pittsburgh will be horrific, as it usually is.

Have a great day!!

19 comments:

Lisa Dorsey said...

That layout is stunning girl!!! Great pic of the carrot cake too, looks quite yummy!

Christie said...

Love the layout! Have fun at lunch and tell Kim hi for me. And I want to come over and have a piece of that cake. Yum!!!

Lisa Howard said...

Oh! How fun to be meeting an online scrapping friend!!! The likelihood of that happening for me is slim...don't really know anyone close enough to meet. Can't wait to see your pics!

Girl, you rocked the digi layout...love it! Makes me excited or the holidays just looking at it.

The carrot cake...YUM! One of my favorites! We need to compare recipes...yours looks delish. Mine has a buttermilk glaze you pour over the layers while they are hot. Talk about yummy moist goodness! I'm in the baking mood too...made my first pumpkin pie last night.

Hope you are felling well these days! Hugs and more hugs! L

Jingle said...

That layout is super cute!!! I hope you and Kim have a great time!

Sandie said...

That's so fun... meeting an online friend. Hope your lunch is great. The digi layout is really great, btw. I'm so new at digi work. I try... but I get frustrated, and head back to paper way.

Stacy said...

Gorgeous LO, love the shade of blue. Hope you and Kim have fun. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Mary Jo said...

Love the Cheesecake Factory, yummy! Your layout is gorgeous!!

KJ said...

Hey Chris...how are you doing girl??? I LOVE that L.O you did, the detailing is perfect!

I love carrot cake too...I have this super quick microwave recipe that I make all the time. Getting it to last longer than a day is a problem tho' because everyone eats it too fast.

Hugs
Kim!

Marcie said...

Adore your layout! I soo need to try my hand at digi!

Michelle said...

Your layout is perfect! The carrot cake looks divine too! Have fun with Kim!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

wonderful layout!

Carly said...

Okay, so can you bottle up all the energy please so I can buy some! Really, girl how do you do it all??? Stunning layout as always and that cake........omg it looks delish. Please share your recipe! Hope you have a nice lunch.

Amy said...

cute l/o! i've only ever done 1 christmas layout....not sure why?!? your carrot cake looks like something out of a magazine...looks delish! :)

PattiM said...

Hope you and Kim had a great time.. Looking forward to seeing the pictures...

LOve your digi. I'm looking forward to Christmas this year. Love our DGS's face during that time.

That cake looks yummy. I can almost smell and taste it

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhh your lunch date sounds divine!!! love love love love love that lo!!!!! gorgeous!!! and ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sorry....we don't do turkey anything...lol lol lol....hubby has gout and we HAVE to do chicken EVERYTHING...lol....good news to that story....i have learned how to make everything i used to make with red meats with chicken!!! lol! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Linda Rodriguez said...

Beautiful Christmas page!! And yum...that carrot cake looks delish, and I'm hankering for turkey myself! I've never made my own so far; we're always eating with my family or my inlaws. Someday...

Heather Prins said...

love that digi page!!

red chandelier said...

That cake looks super yummy!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Chris....sounds like a fun day planned...Wish I could meet you....we are not really that far!!!!!! I never tried to Brine my turkey.....I will have to look up how to do it!!!! Now that cake....my mouth is sooooooo watering right now!!!! It looks so yummy!!! Look at you go with the Digi...I must admit...I have never tried a Digi before!!! Maybe I should!!! Have fun today.....:-)