Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Not So Happy Cookies

If you are from around the Pittsburgh area, you might have heard of Eat n' Park restaurants... they are famous for their Smiley cookies. Our local supermarket has their own take on this cookie. However, I found myself kind of depressed after eating them...

Not so happy cookies

Ummm, someone get these cookies a Prozac, pronto!

Actually, they made me giggle. While they were in the packaging the label covered up their ambivalent faces, so I didn't notice. Maybe they were made by a disgruntled baker.

skunky line

I did a bit of crafting this past weekend. I was inspired by Lisa Dorsey's napkin holders to make these candle rings. I mostly used scraps and old stuff to dress up these very inexpensive candle holders.

candles 2

Here's a little close up:
candles 1

I started on some matching place cards, but haven't finished them up yet. I think I need to clean first seeing that I'm having guests over for turkey day. It's soooo hard to clean. I need a maid. I'm not just bellyaching, I just get super tired with my chemo treatments. However, I am so very grateful that I have a husband that does help me cook, clean and take care of the kids. He's such a great father and husband. Despite everything, I'm a lucky girl. I'm so very thankful to have the best hubby in the world this Thanksgiving. He loves me no matter what, even now, when I look like one of those hairless cats!

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? I'm sure if you think about it, you have plenty to be thankful for.

God bless you, and have a most happy Thanksgiving.

12 comments:

Christie said...

Love your candles! And those cookies are too funny! Or is that depressing? lol! You have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And yes, I have lots to be thankful for. Every day I give thanks for all of the blessings I have in my life. And they are plentiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ok....coming from the QUEEN of SMILEYS...lol lol lol lol....i was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to SMILEY COOKIES!!! LOL!!!! But U are right they need some HAPPY pills!!! LOL!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE those CANDLE holders...I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lifting that for Christmas!!!! Hope that's okay with u! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Oh those cookies are tooooo funny...They look so sad with the grim face!!!!

Love the candle holders....how cute!!!!

Wishing you and your family a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving!!

Jingle said...

ROTFLMAO! That is the stuff that belongs on fail blog! LOL! Those cookies are hilarious! Your projects look fantastic! I really love what you created!

Ellen Smith said...

What supermarket did you find those cookies? I have to get some for my grumpy friend.

Michelle Lanning said...

haha with the smiley cookies -- love the candle holders --just adorable

Amy said...

ah....eat 'n park :) those cookies are hilarious!! i hope you have an enjoyable and blessed thanksgiving day with your family :) sending you smiles [real ones - not just pseudo cookie ones] :)

Jen Martakis said...

those cookies make me giggle too. ;)

LOVE your candle rings. They are gorgeous!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kelli said...

Those cookies are hilarious!

Abby said...

LOL. those cookies are funny. :) LOVE your tablE!

ellen s. said...

oh that is too funnY! lmao...

love those candle rings! your table must have been gorgeous

Garfield said...

I just got some inexpensive candle holders that I've been using as center pieces on my dining room table and they look so good! I'm so proud of myself every time I see them.