Friday, November 20, 2009

Sacred Paper

The other day, I had to ask myself... do I dare use the “sacred paper”?

You know what I’m talking about... you buy it, you hoard it, you pull it out to use, but your photos aren’t worthy, so you put it away. Well, stop doing that!! Just use it. Your photos are worthy, they’re memories, right?

I have loved, loved, loved this Cosmo Cricket paper from day one. I had a heck of a time trying to find it. My dear hubby bought me some for my birthday in September (after I found it on eBay), and finally, two months later I cut into it!

My photos aren’t perfect, a bit blurry, and my son is cut off in the one, but, it was a great day, and a great memory, and they looked great with my sacred paper, and that’s all that matters. :)

Good Eats_sm

I love using the little “extra” words that Cosmo puts on their paper. You know, their titles of the paper on the bottom strip that we usually cut off and throw away. They work great as little extra’s on your page:

Good Eats cu1

Good Eats cu2

I’m glad I used my sacred paper. I have plenty left over to do more projects. If you have some sacred paper laying around, go ahead use it!

Have a scrappy weekend!

16 comments:

Abby said...

Love your layout! I'm recovering from "sacredpaperitis," and it's a hard thing to do. I'm getting better about it. Not too long ago, I tore into some bg lilykate collection that I'd been "saving".....GASP! You know that line is old,lol. The pics weren't that great, but the paper made them way more awesome than they would have been any other way.

Lynn said...

i love the lo and it rocks. i love cc and you just can't go wrong. i have "sacred papers" too. lol!! and its all about the story.

okanogangirl said...

definitely a worthy LO!

Jocelyn said...

Love the LO..and so glad that you used your sacred paper.....I just adore the title and the pics are perfect!!! What great papers!!!

I too tend to do that...and now you have inspired me to dig out those hoarded papers and stop waiting for the perfect pic!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!! :-)

Linda Rodriguez said...

It's funny, I scrap mostly digital now, but I *still* have problems using my stash of *sacred* paper, lol!

Well, I'm glad you used it because you created a fabulous layout with it!! You're right, ALL our memories are important, and we should use up that paper. :)

Lisa Howard said...

I soooo hear ya on the "sacred" status. But I'm here to say I think I've cured myself...at least for the time being. Now if I can just find the time to use ALL my "sacred" stash I will be in business! You would not BELIEVE the stash I have. I truly think I'm more a collector than a creator. lol! Wanna come play at my house and help me use it up??? Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugsnluv...L

PS I almost forgot to say how much I adore your layout...AWESOME as always!

Michelle Lanning said...

I agree with you. I used to be a hoarder but not anymore - if I don't use it then it is not serving it's purpose! I love the way your layout came out it is such a beauty!

Jen Martakis said...

Oh this is super cute! Your sacred paper is perfect for the fun pics!

...that's what I love about digi....I can cut into that sacred paper as many times as I want. lol

Shelley Haganman said...

Love the layout! I too am an "hoarder of sacred paper"! Gotta love that Cosmo Cricket!!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

This is a gorgeous layout! I so know what you mean, sacred and all!!! You did it justice!

xoxo,
ja
2peas

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh I know what you mean! I have sacred paper too. :) You did a lovely job with your paper. LOVE the extras tip!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hi, my name is julie.....and i am a hoarder....lol!!! love love love love that lo!!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tea said...

Love the layout and so relate to using the 'sacred paper'. Now if only I could do that, maybe I'll give it a try this weekend since you've inspired me. :)

Jingle said...

AND - it looks totally cute! That paper works GREAT with those photos! I love that collection!

ellen s. said...

LOL! go for it...if i don't use it then it sits and sits and then i feel bad...ahahaha

i am so glad you did ! it's gorgeous and i love the bakers twine

speaking of good eats...i brined the turkey and it was good!

Lydia said...

This is fantastic, love the bright colors and it is a great layout for lots of photos