Monday, November 2, 2009

Smells Like Carrot Cake...

in my house...much better than teen spirit, don't cha think?

I just made a delicious homemade from scratch carrot cake! Mmmm, can't wait to ice it with cream cheese icing and dig in. Besides scrapping, I love to cook and bake. Cleaning... not so much, although I do that nesting thing once a month, ifyouknowwhatImean. ;) Although I do like a clean house. Thank goodness my hubby likes to use the vacuum and he sweeps. It's nice to have help.

This past weekend, I finished up my "pimped" bra for the Serendipity Scrapbooks Pimp Your Bra Contest. Finished just in time, too. I didn't add the photos yet because I made it about my breast cancer journey, and I'm only about a 1/3 of the way thru my journey. My good friend Michelle gave me a great suggestion about it because I kept saying I wish I could fast forward to May, when I'll be all done... she said think of it as a pregnancy and that I'm done with my first trimester. What a great idea... so, only 2 more trimesters to go. Well, plus a week or two.

I titled it "Fight Like A Girl". Each back is painted black where I thought I could journal with a white pen.

Here is the cover:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Page 1:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Page 2:
Photobucket

Page 3:
Photobucket
Photobucket

And, the last page:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, that's it for me today. I think I'm going to make a Joanne's run and get me some yarn! Gotta knit myself a hat for my little bald pea head. Can't wear that wig all the time, and this little chemo sleeping cap I have has no substance, so I look like a pea head. I have a tiny head. I always knew I had a small head because I can fit into childrens helmets! LOL! I'm not a knitter, but I have loom! Hopefully, when I get done I'll share the photo with ya.

Have a great Monday! Take Care!

13 comments:

Jingle said...

LOL! You are too cute! I'm sorry your little head is getting cold! I think some cute hats would be a great solution! Your bra looks fantastic!

corinne5 said...

love your mini-album and hope you will survive this awefull dissease.

corinnexxx

Lisa Dorsey said...

What an awesome title for your mini. So very cute. Looking forward to seeing your teeny head in your awesome new hat. Sending prayers! Lots of them. :)

Erica Hettwer said...

LOVE your mini album! Love!!! I've actually got a huge head. I can't wear all those super cute head bands because they either give me a headache or the slip right off. LOL!

Pattie said...

I like your mini book - great papers! Hey, I could crochet you a hat - all of mine always turn out smaller than they're supposed to be! :) I haven't managed to figure out knitting yet...

Jocelyn said...

Oh the mini turned out just perfect!!!! I adore it and what time will the icing go on the cake...I will be right over....I adore baking toooo and best of all eating the fresh baked goodies!!!! You are soooooo cute...you are your little head.......I can imagine that that the wig would be itchy!!!!! Love ya girlie....have a great week!!! :-)

Lydia said...

Absolutely fabulous looking album, that would be such and incredible gift for a survivor. Love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*but i must say* kurt's teen spirit sounds better than it smells i'm sure!!! lol!!!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your bra mini.....totally amazing!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle Lanning said...

LOVE it!!! So empowering that is! good luck with knitting girl -- prayers your way!

kimosabescraps said...

Love the mini album... so cute and creative!!

Andrea Amu said...

Mmmm, save me a piece of the cake! I'll be right over, lol!

Your pimped out bra turned out wonderfully, Chris! I guess the journey would be something like a pregnancy if you break it down into trimesters. I hope you'll show off your bra once again after you've gotten the pictures added!

Brooke said...

Your bra looks awesome!!! I may have to make some carrot cake now...sounds delish

Amy said...

cute mini! love all the titles you picked for each page :)