Monday, December 7, 2009

18 More Shopping Days!

or baking days, or wrapping days, or crafting days!!

Is December going fast or what? I have sooooo much going on, as I'm sure, you all do, too.

Friday my friend Carol came over and we made cookies, cookies and yet, more cookies. I survived 12 hours of cookie making!! I'd post a photo, but right after I took the photos off from my project below, the battery died, so I'll have to do that later.

I still need to bake my nut rolls and Kolache. I'm Slovak, so, it's gotta be done! Tradition, love tradition.

Rather than scrapbooking lately, I've been crafting. I found this paper maché star at the craft store a few weeks ago, and thought it would look pretty with some pretty scrap paper on it. I used Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses line, and I love how it turned out.

BG Star

I took jump rings and attached the Santa to the Merry & Bright chipboard piece. He's cute and dangly! (I'm pretty sure dangly isn't a word! LOL)

Photobucket

Used a little ornament brad to attached the Merry & Bright to the star.
BG star Cu

And here I just added the chipboard strand of lights for some height, and a few sprigs of "stuff" and a little birdie. It was really quick (aside from glue drying time) and easy to make.

BG star Cu2

That's it for today. I need to make my list and check it twice!! Much to do, and only 18 days left to do it. Amazing how we all manage to get it done.

Have a great Monday!!

20 comments:

scrapbookobsession said...

So cute and creative, Chris! Love the dangly Santa and all the pretties you put inside the star. Great job!

If you're half the baker as you are crafter, my address to send me some cookies is.... {hee hee}

Merry Christmas!
~Erika

scrapcat said...

wow! this is awesome!
love it.

p.s. love your blog name :)

ellen s. said...

oh is that so totally cool! and festive...love it!

Jingle said...

Holy CUTE! This is awesome. You are my hero.

Christie said...

That is adorable! Love it!

TraceyT said...

This is simply FANTASTIC!

Cindy said...

It looks really good. Love it!

Jocelyn said...

Love this....you did an awesome job with it!!!

Oh my I cannot believe the days are flying by and I am soooooo behind!!! Not been feeling well...so maybe that is what is wrong!!!!

Baking is not done...wrapping is not done..and shopping is not done!!! Miss Jocelyn is in real trouble!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

Michelle said...

I thought I was doing okay with time until I read that we only have 18 days! Eek! It's going too fast! See, between Thanksgiving & Christmas just isn't enough time to get everything done that we want to, plus that time to just stop & relax. Anyway, your project is super cute! Love the little santa! And what a cute ornament brad!

Pattie said...

You're so creative! I love that star! I'm waaaay behind this year... guess I need to get cracking if I'm going to be ready for Dec. 25!

Lydia said...

Ok that project is so cute, and OMG do you make your own blog headers cause I thought the owl was supreme and now this birdie!!! WOW! I so want one, I love it.

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

beautiful!

Lisa Dorsey said...

That is adorable Chris!!! I love how you made the tag!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww CHRIS!!!!! That is GORGEOUS!!!! And I made cookies yesterday too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Michele H. said...

AMAZING! This is absolutely AMAZING!!!! Love all of the details down to the little bird. Glad I found your blog. Thanks for visiting me too :)

Andrea Amu said...

Chris, this is beautiful! Love how you added the santa with the jumprings... so clever!

Yes, I just started my baking today...fun, fun! :) Have a great week!

Cindy said...

Very cute! I love this line of paper and recently bought several pieces of it. How did you adhere the paper to the star? p.s. I love your work!

Pamela said...

Oh I LOVE this!!!

Angie Blom said...

okay this is amazing!!

Scrappy Girl said...

What a cute project...love the colors in that paper!