Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What you can do with free paper, and more free paper...

I took a few sheets of the paper I created, printed it out on my favorite ink jet paper, which is Staples brand Photo Supreme double-sided matte paper. It's 61 lb. weight, so it's somewhat heavy, but still goes thru my ink jet printer. I set my printer settings to brochure paper. It prints out really well. I even use this paper when I want to print vintage photos, so they're not shiny.

I placed 2 different patterned papers on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet, because I knew I wouldn't need a whole sheet of each pattern.

I made 2 cards with the blue papers.

Here is the first card, using the polka dot paper and the plaid paper... ignore the really horrid sewing (the foot pedal to the Purple Pixie sewing machine broke!):
Photobucket

A close up:
Photobucket

Card number 2, I used 3 patterns, the blue polka dots, which I crimped, the plaid w/distressed edges, then I punched out a circle of the tan houndstooth and inked the edge. The felt mitten is from American Crafts. Jewel is from Creative Charms:
Photobucket

Close up:
Photobucket

I think I'll hand deliver the last one, it's kinda bulky.

The nice thing about using digi papers is that you can make as many as you need to send. Plus, if you goof up cutting a piece, you can just print out another.

I suppose these cards are hybrid since I used digi paper.

Today's free paper is snowflakes... fancy snowflakes... hope you like them, I think the red is really pretty:
Photobucket

The link to download the Snowflake paper.

This past weekend my daughter and I went to see the local production of The Nutcracker performed by The Laurel Ballet here in town. Em's best friend Jade danced as a snowflake and the dew drop fairy. It was a wonderful production.

Here's Jade as the fairy:
Photobucket

And, Jade is here to the far right as the snowflake:
Photobucket

Tonight we're meeting Jade and her mom to shop for their Christmas Dance dresses. I love doing all these fun Christmasy things!

Have a great day... let me know if you got creative with my papers, I'd love to see what you made.

16 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

Your cards made with your papers are sweet,sweet! I really love the second, with the crimped paper and the circle of houndstooth with the mitten! Need to start using my paper crimper again ;)

Great snowflake paper too... again, tfs with us!

Jingle said...

SUPER CUTENESS!!!! And Jasmine looks lovely! Thanks for the wonderful papers, yet again!

amy said...

fun cards!

Jen Martakis said...

Your cards are really pretty. Love your papers!

Jocelyn said...

Love the cards.....super duper sweet friend!!!

What a beautiful Ballerina!!!

Have a great one!!! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! Those cards are GORGEOUS!!!!! And loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the ballet photo.....BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 15 Dec [LA 02:27pm, NY 05:27pm, UK 10:27pm] - 16 Dec [OZ 09:27am]).

Michelle said...

Aweome papers! I love the snowflakes & flourishes! Thanks--you're so full of awesomeness! LOL Jade is an adorable little fairy! That must have been so much fun! (oh, & I think the stitching looks great like that)

Drea said...

Such clever cards! You are so talented.

Your daughter is just BEAUTIFUL.

Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,

Drea

Cindy said...

I love the sewing just the way it is! I think it was a "happy" misfortune that the sewing machine didn't work right :) Thanks for sharing!

Debbi said...

Hi! I love your papers! For some reason, though, I can't get the files to unzip. Any ideas? Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!

lisa dickinson said...

love those papers - so pretty!!

PattiM said...

Love your cards and the paper is so pretty... Thanks!!

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

CBH-Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Dec. 16, 2009. Thanks again.

Elizabeth said...

Those are adorable cards...you are a paper designing machine!!

:D

Ildiko said...

Just got your Vintage and Snowflake papers ther are smashing, thx
hgs
Ildiko