Friday, January 29, 2010

It's All in the Details

First, thank you all so much for the encouraging comments. Just needed to vent, I guess. Maybe someone else is going thru this, and it will help them. There are so many people out there going through so much worse. This will be a whine free zone for at least 3 weeks! LOL!

Do you remember this layout?

camp sweet camp

I wasn't real happy with it, so I asked for some suggestions.

Well, I "fixed" it! I'm much happier with it now. It's all in the details!

Camp fixed

Here I added a twine bow, strung across 2 brad heads.
Camp fixed 3

And, this little chipboard fellow... he's cute... I think he might be a gopher!
Camp fixed 2

And finally, how about some orange smoke? I used orange for some color pop in this area.
Camp fixed 1

I think all these little added details pulled it all together.

Thanks again, and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

{{hugs}}
Chrispea

15 comments:

Erica Hettwer said...

I love it! Now, come on over and work your magic on a stack of layouts I've got! LOL!

Lynn said...

these are just too stinkin cute. love them!

shery said...

good layout

okanogangirl said...

wow - amazing what a difference that made!

Angie... by the said...

Love it Chris! The handstitching is perfect and love the twine strung around the brads. Very clever. :)

Shelley Haganman said...

I so love the hand stitching!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love what u added to this!!!! love that stitching! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy said...

I knew the twine was what the layout needed! I love to use twine on my cards and I found a really neat green twine at a local hardware store in the lawn & garden section. It really sets off the Mr. Campy plaid paper! Hang in there, and I really enjoy reading your blog and viewing your projects :-)

Rachel said...

This is SO cute! I love your work :)

Kelli said...

ooooh I love love love the way you wrapped the twine around those brads, that looks awesome!! I am going to have to steal that idea for a card one of these days. ;)

Lisa Dorsey said...

Chris I liked the layout before but the second layout is wow! I am a definitely sucker for details. Fabulous layout!

laterg8r said...

love the stitched fire - very cool :D

Cindy Gay said...

The stitching is very nice.

Kelli said...

Looks great! Very nice stitching!

Jingle said...

This is just super cute and that stitching is so perfect I can't even tell you! Love it!