Monday, January 11, 2010

Pink

Did you put your color status on facebook? I couldn't believe that it was on Good Morning America. It made national news. I thought that was so cool.

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, last week all the women were putting a color in their facebook status. Women (no men allowed) would get a message from their friends stating to put the color of your bra that you are wearing in your status to help support breast cancer awareness. Now, I must admit, at first I thought this was silly. However, after several of these messages, and me, fighting breast cancer right now, I had to participate. Who knew what a difference that silly little thing would make. It increased the traffic to the Susan G. Komen foundation by 2000%. Yep. Amazing. Just amazing.

Well, guess what? (small toot coming) My name is mentioned as an "outstanding reader" in the February issue (p.36) of Creating Keepsakes! I was so excited. That's almost as exciting as getting pubbed, and such a surprise. Kristen Faust let me know. I need to go buy one now, my sub ran out in December. Oh, and you know what layout I got mentioned for (because I really haven't sent in any others) was the one in my previous post. YEP. Had I put that little piece of twine on it, it might just have squeaked it's way in! Oh well... gives me incentive to keep on trying. I'm still excited. hee hee

And guess what else??? I scrapped!! Yep. I used My Scrapbook Nook's kit. I bought the kit on New Years Eve Eve.... every single layout that the DT did with that kit was gorgeous, so I had to have it. I really like it.

Here's what I made with it:

CH_EmDance

and a few close ups. The little circle letters are Jenni Bowlin.
CH_EmDance_cu1

This little pink crocheted flower is from Creative Charms. Martha Stewart owl punch.
CH_EmDance_cu1

CH_EmDance_cu2

That's it for today. The sun is (finally) shining here! Yippee!! It's still super cold though.

Have a great day. Keep warm!!

13 comments:

Pamela said...

Love your page!!! And congrats! I will have to check it out....I have it, I just haven't looked through it yet. :)

Jingle said...

GORGEOUS layout! So excited that you were listed in CK!!!! You are just off to a great week! YAY!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Love your creation!!!! Just stunning!!! I also participated in the Facebook Color!!!!

It was amazing the amount of people who participated!!!

Wishing you a day filled with smiles!!! :-) Stay warm...I see the sun tooooooo but it is COLD!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Loved that layout in the gallery too Chris. Congrats on your toot! :)

Shelley Haganman said...

Congrats and love the page!!

lisa dickinson said...

congrats on the CK mention! :) I love this page too - such amazing detail work!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I said "black" that day!! LOL!!! U know.... i keep forgetting to tell U this.... but my MIL and her BFF are co-founders of "bowling for the cure" ... it has been going on for 8 years strong now...and EVERY year they sell out lanes where they ALWAYS have to have 2 sessions....and then we have silent auctions and raffles through out the day too.... auch a great cause and a great event!!! congrats on the CK shout out and loving that lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ps...in case u are interested in checking them out :)

http://www.bowling4thecure.com/

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

stephanie said...

congrats! to you. I was wondering what all those colors were about on FB. :)

Andrea Amu said...

So that's the MS owl punch?? Tooo cute! I'll be buying that one now! I love this page.

Congrats on your big mention in CK! I saw that and was so excited to see you listed :)

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice. So nice to get pictures of the teenage children!

Marcie said...

Beautiful layout & congrats on the pub!

Together We Save said...

Great job!! I am not very creative so this makes me jealous.