Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program

I finished a paper layout! Woo! It took a week! I started with a sketch, then a few nights later, I pulled out some papers.... another day or so goes by, I printed the photos. Last night, I cut the papers, but didn't adhere anything. This morning I woke up early (3 am!), and decided to finish it.

I have a weird sleeping pattern since my last treatment... lots and lots of naps... not cat naps either, like 3 hour naps! Wow, this last treatment made me very tired. But, I guess rest is good. Heal the body!

Ok, so here's my sketch. I always start with a sketch. It's one of those things drilled into my brain from art school. Thumbnails, thumbnails, thumbnails....

Snowfall sketch

Yeah, that's pretty! LOL! Only I can decipher it! I do have that my photos will be 4x5. I wanted an inch border all around, so I kinda figure these things out before I start cutting. You know, measure twice, cut once?

Here's the finished layout. Lots of old stuff on here... like really old... recognize anything? I've got some Basic Grey on there, My Minds Eye and Crate Paper.

Snowfall

For the journaling, I took an online article from the paper and printed the stats on my green paper. Thought I should record this "record breaking snowfall".

Here's a close up:
Snowfall cu

Today is the day!! I am going to MIKES! I hope they still have a cart that I'll want... how many people in my little town do you think own a Slice??? I hope I'm the only one! LOL!

14 comments:

Marlene said...

Your layout is gorgeous! Wow. I should start trying to create a sketch before doing a layout. That might actually work....I always do them in my head, and then change them umpteen times before I'm happy with them.

Rach H said...

This is gorgeous! I love the title work and the pictures are fantastic!

Tracy said...

Love this layout. I think I have only drawn one sketch that actually looked like the sketch from beginning to end.
Naps are good :)

Michele said...

Love the layout! Even when it takes days to create every step is art.

Jingle said...

It really turned out amazing! This is such a great layout!

PattiM said...

Love your LO, Chris!! Turned out beautifully!! I think I have those borders too... Hope your feeling better soon and have more energy too.
Good luck at Mike's. If i had some extra money, I'd get the slice and some carts since their so cheap right now. Can't wait to see what you do with your new cart.

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

shery said...

lovely layout

Renee Lamb said...

This layout came together perfectly! I just love the whole design and color scheme. Beauitful!

Jocelyn said...

I LOVE this LO...I so LOVE this LO!!! Look at you Sketching it Out...how awesome..I need to try this idea...

Take those long naps....they do wonders for the body...but I agree they do mess with the sleep pattern!!!

Have fun at Mikes...let me know what you find...email me with the goodies!!!

Love ya!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hey...lol...i can decipher your sketch too.....lol lol lol...loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo....and love that u documented the record breaking snowfall...very cool! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy said...

Love your layout. Once again, you have inspired me!

Kelli said...

I admire your stamina, I have no reason for naps and resting and I still don't get nearly the amount of scrapbooking done that you do!

Stacey Michaud said...

This is a really beautiful layout! I adore it! My heart breaks for you right now...I am sending prayers your way and thinking about you! I get the sense you have a great support system and inner strength to handle this! Hugs...

Nishant said...

This is gorgeous! I love the title work and the pictures are fantastic!
work at home in india