Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chemo Eve

Well, we didn't want to chance this wonky weather, so here I am holed up with the family in a hotel right across the street from the hospital. Better yet, got a discount for being a patient. Woo hoo. My neighbor is going to watch my dog children, so they're good.

It was a horrible drive here. The snow was the greasy slushy stuff, and we almost slid thru a red light. Thank goodness for traction control! We checked in and then went into Oakland for some dinner. Oakland is a part of Pittsburgh where the University of Pittsburgh is and also Carnegie Mellon. We went to this great Italian restaurant called Joe Mama's. It was really good. Totally worth walking those 4 blocks thru slush and getting splashed by buses.

And guess what? It stopped snowing... oi vay! Oh well, better safe than sorry. It could start up again in the middle of the night and have a bad rush hour.

Yesterday I was on a roll with some digi designs. I used a Jen Martakis template, and a freebie kit from Peppermint Creative on this one.

Be Serious good one

Well, that's about it. Gotta get some rest. Thanks for all your wonderful comments. It really keeps my spirits up. I appreciate your prayers. :) I'll do some blog surfin' tomorrow while I'm getting my treatment and try to stop by and say hi.

Have a great day.

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that lo is adorable!!! love the photos!!! i hope tomorrow goes well for u...i will have u in my prayers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PattiM said...

Glad everyone made it there, safe and sound. Sounds like you had a nice dinner. Sending {{{{{{HUGS!}}}}}} & {{{{{{GOOD THOUGHTS!}}}}}}

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie' passion)

I Scrap So All Moments ARe Remembered!

Jocelyn said...

What a great idea to get the hotel room....I am thinking today that I should have headed out of this house and went somewhere to stay...the winds are due to pick up and I am home alone...we will probably lose electricity!!! I am tooooo tired to lift another shovel of snow!!!

Love the LO....Jen has the greatest digi kits!!!

Wishing you good thoughts today....may you have peace throughout your treatment....I pray that all will go well!!! You are so very strong and such and inspiration!!!! I adore you Chris!!! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Shelley Haganman said...

Sending warm, snow melting, thoughts and hugs your way! I will be thinking of you today!

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

great lo
hugs sweet girl

ellen s. said...

big {{{hugs}}} i think of you often and am always amazed by your spirit. hope today and tomorrow and the next...goes well for you

Ginny said...

Sending you hugs & sunshine. I think this is the worst winter I can remember for a long time. I follow your blog & you are an inspiration. Stay strong & be positive.

Jingle said...

I hope it goes as well as it can today! Your layout is gorgeous! I love the strong colors!

shery said...

nice and easy layout thanks for sharing

amy said...

great layout! hope your day goes well...

Anonymous said...

Just want to say even though you don't know me and I don't know you ... I'm thinking about you. Hope all is going well.

I understand about the snow, I live in blizard zone outside DC, need I say more!

Let us know how you are doing.

--Marilyn
Northern VA

Cindy Gay said...

My prayers are with you too. Cindy from WV