Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Freebie!!

Wow, did this week go fast! It's Friday already! And, you are not going to believe this ~ but, it's snowing. My kids did not have school today, again. I think in a given school year, they get 3 or 4 snow days... well, since the beginning of February, I think we used about 7 or 8. They've already lost 2 off of their spring break.

Oh well. We didn't have any out of town plans for Easter, but I'm sure a lot of people did, and it will mess them up.

Anyway, I digress. I have a fun freebie SVG or PNG file for you. I've seen so many dress forms and sewing things out there that I thought I'd make one myself and share with you, too.

Here are the images:
sewing icons

Here's what I did with the dress form. It's kinda got a vintage vibe. It's not really a card, more of a wall hanging, although I didn't add the ribbon to hang it. I think I'll just put it up on my shelf.

Vintage 1
It looks kinda cool next to the dress form that my friend Christy sent me:
Vintage 3

Here's a close up. Note the turquoise button. It's a real vintage button, but I saw that Jenni Bowlin is making buttons that look just like this. I found mine this past summer at a fleatique.
Vintage 2

The papers I used on this are Prima. The other elements are from K&Co, the bird & the silver circle, I cut out with my Slice. The silver is Martha Stewart super fine glitter.

If you want the PNG files of the sewing images, click here.

If you would like the SVG files for cutting, click here.

24 comments:

Melonie said...

So pretty!

Kristin said...

Awesome freebie and super stinkin awesome wall thingy. :-)

Christie said...

That is so cute! How do you make those files? They look so cool! And I got myself one of those little dress forms too, so we have all kinds of matching dress forms now! You have a good weekend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

soooooooooooooooo beautiful!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Dalis said...

Thanks!!!!! I love them!!!!!

-- dalis

Jocelyn said...

LOVE these sweet friend...THANK YOU!!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!!

shery said...

lovely card, and thanks for sharing the SVG file

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Feb. 27, 2010. Thanks again.

CraftCrave said...

Thank you! This blog post will be advertised on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today (look for timestamp: [27 Feb 01:00pm GMT]).

Andrea Amu said...

Well, thanks for creating and sharing more fabulous files with us! Darling as usual :)

Love your hanging, and I have a few buttons like that too that I bought a bit ago at an antique- mart!

Sorry about the snow and your kids missing school! February can't go quick enough this year :)

SONDRA said...

Thanks so much for sharing!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Feb. 28, 2010. Thanks again.

Clare D. said...

I just made a cord organizer for all my many gadget cords (including my Cricut), and was just thinking I would like to put my sewing machine cords in the organizer, but don't have cut file. Then I found yours, and I must confess, I have a dress form obsession. So, thanks!
www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com

Marlene said...

These are great!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Jingle said...

Oh, for the love of super cuteness!

amy said...

ohh how fun! thanks for sharing.

Eileen said...

That card is SO cute, Chris! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I haven't blogged in so long I didn't think anyone would notice, but there you were!! Great big HUGS and prayers for you from me!

ellen s. said...

these are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamela said...

Oh my goodness! Love this! And I tried 3 times to download them but I keep getting an error message...any advice?

Michele Brooks said...

Your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing the files with us. :)

okanogangirl said...

Thanks for the freebies! They are stinkin' cute!

Natalie said...

I love your blog. Thanks for sharing these great files!!! LOVE your work! Thanks for inspiring us!

Nishant said...

Awesome freebie and super stinkin awesome wall thingy.
work at home in india

G-ma said...

Just found your sewingstuff file and downloaded both svg and png file. Just to let u know I was not able to load the png file...Abode Photoshop Elements stated it could not parse, and PrintShop ProX3 stated invalid file....just letting u know.