Monday, February 1, 2010

It's February!!

Is is me, or did January fly by? These days and weeks seem to really be going fast. I remember being in school thinking Christmas vacation lasted forever and summer felt like a year... now it just flies by.

This weekend I got some scrapping in. I did this using the Scrapbook Nooks January kit. I still have enough paper and goodies to do many more layouts. It was a great kit!

This layout came together very quickly. I had the sketch idea and photos already sized and printed. Oh, if you watched my scraproom tour video, these are the photos & sketch that were on my desk. Here's how it turned out:

Homebody

Couple of close ups:
Homebody 3

Homebody 1

And here is the chipboard scenic route butterfly. I had trouble with this for some reason... I painted it bumble gum pink, then added pink stickles all over it. It didn't seem sparkly enough, so I put a coat of glossy accents all over it and added the pearls. The glossy accents cracked on me... never had that happen. So I just filled the crack in with more. I think it cracked because I sat it by the window to dry and it was -4° outside, and really cold by the window.

Homebody 2

Hope you all have a great week!! Happy February!!

16 comments:

Jody said...

Oh I love the new page Chris!
Especially love how you did the title.
Hope your week is a good one :)

Kelli said...

Great layout! The butterfly looks fine now!

Brooke said...

I love the page. I really like those colors.

vtpuggirl said...

Gorgeous page! Love the alphas!

Jingle said...

Beautiful! I love the curly-q edging!

PattiM said...

I love this LO, Chris. Always love the colors and pp you put with your pictures. Emma is beautiful and such a sweet moment with your pug.

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments ARe Remembered!

Pamela said...

Love your layout! And yes...January flew by!!!

Sandie said...

Great layout! I agree about time flying into February. Geez. But as I said on my blog... February means Spring is on its way!!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Chris...this is sooooo very pretty...I adore the colors and the pics.....ahhh just perfect!!! That is an adorable liitle butterfly!!!

Wishing you a week filled with smiles sweet friend!!! :-)

Marfa said...

Beautiful...love the black and white photos on the colored papers...what is that light blue paper? did you buy it with that edge or do it on something?

shery said...

very nice layout and design

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa Dorsey said...

Fabulous layout Chris! Love those button circles!

Cindy said...

I just love the Pink Paisley papers. I picked me up some more yesterday when I was out shopping! I love the edge you used too!

Drea said...

Very nice my dear!! I miss you..........sorry I haven't been around much!

Hope you are doing well.

HUGS,

Drea

Andrea Amu said...

Cute page! Yep, that's pretty much me too... a home body! :)