Monday, February 15, 2010

Monkey Love!

I hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day yesterday. We were low key. I woke up to lots and lots of tiny cut out hearts, streamers and MM's on a plate! My kids stayed up and cleaned and decorated! How cool is that? Especially the cleaning part!!

monkey

Here's the monkey love! LOL!

streamer

The little hearts are everywhere! Sprinkled here and there and sticky tacked to the wall. Cute.

My hubby got me truffles, these tulips and if you look at the base of the tulips, he made me a handmade grungy fringe heart!! How many hubbies would do that? (Ok, maybe Jingles! ;) I think it's really cool, and will put it in a prominent place in my scrap room.

tulips monkey

I wasn't feeling too great yesterday, but better than Saturday. Each day is better. I can't wait to move on with my life and be done and better... I feel like I'm in limbo, ya know.

I did manage to scrap a bit, a digi page. I used a Crystal Wilkerson kit from 2 Peas. Pictures from when I had hair! Oh, I can't wait to be "normal" again!

forever

This layout could so easily be done in paper, using a punch, hand cut, or eh, maybe a Slice!

Speaking of the Slice..... Guess what???? The SLICE is on sale at Michael's this week! And the other Slice stuff!! I'm soooo excited!! I'm going to get another card!! If you're on the fence, and don't have a Cricut or other cutter, check it out... seriously, MM needs to pay me for this! I really like the little thing!

My kids are finally going to school after a full 5 days off because of snow. That has never, ever happened, ever! Tons of snow, and unfortunately, more is on the way. Where is this stuff coming from? Go away! Hurry up spring!

Have a super scrappy day!!

20 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

I am so jealous of your handmade heart...I am going to have to lock Dr. Hubby in the schoolhouse until he makes me something...lol.

Love the layout too!

Lynn said...

oooooooooooooooo what a great way to start the day! and i love your lo. the colors are unique and just pop!

Pamela said...

Fabulous layout! And great card from hubby...how sweet is he! :) Love your photos too.

Marlene said...

Love the layout....and that monkey.......I just want to squish him!

Christie said...

Happy Valentine's Day! (a day late) I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better. "Normal" will be here soon! Just hang in there. Your layout is great! Have fun Slice shopping. :-)

emily said...

What a great guy! Mine makes me cards with my stash stuff too and they mean so much! And those tulips are gorgeous!

laterg8r said...

wonderful digi lo :D

love all the hearts :D

Erica Hettwer said...

Glad to see you had a pretty cool Valentine's Day! My mom and I hit the Slice sale yesterday but they didn't have the card I wanted...vintage findings. :( Which card are you going to get next?

Tracy said...

Happy to hear that you had a nice Valentines day. Love your card.
Hope you are feeling better soon. Keep you head up you can kick its @ss.

Tara said...

Love the monkey!
Hang in there with the chemo. You're doing fantastic and it will be through before you know it :)

GLOANN said...

What a sweet family you have! Love your Lo and was thinking that I would like to lift into paper. Then I saw your comment. I, too am hoping, praying and looking forward to the day you're feeling great again with a full head of beautiful hair!!

Jingle said...

Okay, so first of all, the layout is awesome! What a great gift from your hubby, too!!! It's fun to have a good one, isn't it? ;-) That MONKEY, however!!!! Is freaking awesome. Just say'n. LOL!

Jen Martakis said...

What an absolutely wonderful Valentine's Day you must've had! How sweet of them to treat you!

So, how are you feeling. You've been in my thoughts and prayers....

LOVE your layout. The hearts are just adorable. I love Crystal's kits. :)

Amy said...

sounds like you had a sweet valentine's day :) you deserve it! LOVE your digi layout...might have to scraplift it w/traditional paper & scissors.

Jocelyn said...

What a great day it was for you!!! I am hoping that soon things will return back to what will now be your normal!!! Being in limbo does stink!!

Yippee about the slice..I need to make a trip to Michaels but this may not be possible this week!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

loving that monkey and the lo!!!! cute cute cute! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

vtpuggirl said...

Adorable monkey! Love your page too! Off to Micheals, eek!

Kelli said...

Love the layout!

Ginny said...

Went to Michael's yesterday & found 2 cards I've been wanting. I put off buying a Slice forever & now I use it almost every layout. Thanks for the sale info!

spice for sale online said...

The layout is awesome! What a great gift from your hubby, too!!! It's fun to have a good one....