Friday, February 5, 2010

“Sliced” Love Tag

My Making Memories Slice die cutting machine arrived on Monday. It was scheduled to be delivered on Thursday, so I was super excited that it came early!

I have to say, I love that little thing!! And I only have the basic shapes card.

I played around with it, and made this little love tag. Everything, including the tag, was cut out using the Slice.

slice tag

I used foam dots to add some dimension. The hearts are cut from Bo Bunny paper. I added black stickles to the word LOVE.

slice tag 2

I love my slice. I can't wait to get more design cards for it. If you have been thinking about a die cutting machine, this little guy is great. No cords, it charges and then you unplug it. You can take it to crops. The design cards are tiny, so storage isn't an issue. If you have a small scrappy space, the Slice doesn't take up much room. I think it's affordable, compared to some of the bigger machines. I don't have the hands free gizmo that comes with it, but honestly, it cuts so fast, I can hold it for the 30 seconds it takes. I'm very happy with it!!

Yesterday, I got more happy mail!! Joscie sent me some Hawaiian Kona coffee! YUM... and some macadamia nut chocolates.... AND some of this very cool masking tape. I can't wait to use it. Look how cute it is:

tape

I also wanted to share this photo. I'm doing Project 365 (yes, again), and took this photo the other day while it was snowing. I took my son's hat and caught some snowflakes. I had to take the photo with the door open because when I brought the hat it, the snowflake would melt! (duh!) So, I sat the hat on the floor of the deck and snapped this shot. Everyone in the P365 group was asking me if it's real... and yes, it's real! I used my close up lenses to get a macro shot of it. There are actually 2 snowflakes stuck together. A big one and a small one.

cropped snowflake

Speaking of snow, I guess we'll be getting up to 10 inches starting this afternoon and into tomorrow. I'm going to get my Superbowl stuff today, so I don't have to be out tomorrow... I have a feeling it's going to be a mess! YIKES! Seeing that the Pittsburgh Steelers aren't in the Superbowl this year, I have no idea who to root for, so I'll just enjoy the commercials! ;)

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the tag, Bo Bunny papers are my favorite. And the snowflake picture is awesome! Don't have much of a budget right now, so I have been making the best use of my Cricut Expression that I can!
p.s. Root for the Colts :-)

Jocelyn said...

Love that tag...so cute!!!! I love my slice....the best die cutting machine yet!!!!

Love the pic of your son's hat!!!! PERFECT!!!

We are expecting 24 inches of snow!!!! YUCK!!!!!

Sending you a wishes for a Fabby Friday!!!! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i want a slice sooooooooooooooo bad and seeing the hearts u made makes me want it ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so much more!!! loveeeeeeeeeee that photo of the snowflakes....very cool! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Pamela said...

Great tag! :) Enjoy the snow and hopefully you won't have to go out much.

Jingle said...

Permission to lift requested! LOL! I LOVE that tag and I'm sure I could do something similar with my Cricut if I try hard enough! LOL! So cute!

Vintage Love and Photographs said...

That tag is great!

shery said...

the black is very strong on the tag but love the design

Brooke said...

That snowflake pic is amazing. The tag is adorable.

and you should probably root for the

COLTS COLTS COLTS COLTS COLTS COLTS

Kelli said...

Love the tag! I had a silhouette cutting machine and sold it around Christmas because I never used it. So I really don't want to see anymore cute things done with your Slice.
The snowflake picture is amazing!

Lynn said...

what a beautiful little tag. i don't do tags anymore like that. hmmm....thanks for the inspo!

joscelyne cutchens said...

super cute tag, and AWESOME snowflake shot! AWESOME! glad your goodies got to you :) <3

Amy said...

amazing shot of the snowflakes. my hubby was just telling me about a guy who takes photos of snowflakes like that and sells them for a TON of money in NYC. :)

Shelley Haganman said...

Very cute tag!! The snowflake pic is incredible!

Rachel said...

That snowflake shot is amazing! Reminds me of the picture books Snowflake Bentley. It's a book about the man who invented the first camera and set up to photograph snowflakes!

Pattie said...

Love the picture of the snowflakes! I got a DSLR for Christmas but have yet to figure out how to use it properly. :) We have 28" of snow over the mountain from you. Ugh! But I got some pretty pictures of the trees to scrap...

Sarah Lou said...

Oh that just makes me want the slice even more! I didnt know snowflakes looked like that in real life (never seen snow!) thats so magical!!

PattiM said...

Love, love your tag!

I have an award on my blog for you

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Marfa said...

You tempt me...the Slice looks great, love how you glitzed up the word "love!" And your snowflake photo is stunning!!! Such detail. God is amazing.