Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Eureka!

I scrapped! It's been a while, but it sure felt good to get back into it. I'm feeling much better, so that always helps. This by far isn't my favorite layout ever, but I like it, and it got me scrapping.

There's a sketch contest over at Pink Paislee, so I thought what better way to kick start my mojo. I took their sketch and used all their products - aside from the one cut out, it's K&CO, and came up with this layout.

I didn't really feel like scrapping people, so I did simple pleasures.... and mine is making tea. I don't microwave it, I put a kettle on the stove and wait for it to boil. There's something relaxing about doing all that... pouring the water into the kettle, turning on the stove, getting your cup, choosing what kind of tea, waiting for it to brew... granted it only takes 5 minutes, but it's a mini getaway.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my coffee, but sometimes a light tea is nice with a little cookie in the mid afternoon.

SP

What I do like about this layout is that I tried something different with the rub-ons. The rub-ons are from the Pink Paislee Amber Road collection. The one had tea & coffee on it, so it was perfect. BUT, what I did a little different was I took those little tiny fluer de lis that were in a row, and I put them in a circle around my title circle. It just kinda of pulled everything together.

Here's a close up of the actual tea bag package. I cut it out in a little scalloped edge circle, then pop-dotted it on top of the K&Co shaped tag.

SP cu1

Here's one of the photos that I used. I just loved taking this shot. I was so happy with how it turned out.

teatime

I only ate one cookie, by the way! I've lost 4 pounds since last week. The chemo and steroids made me gain weight, so I have 16 or so more pounds to go.

I also had fun shooting this photo today. This is a tiny little scoop from Bath & Body. It only measures about an inch across. I used 3 stacked close-up lenses to shoot it. The sun was shining thru the window and hitting the salt, it looked so pretty... and smelled good, too!

bath salts

That's about it for today.

Hope you can have a creative day!

20 comments:

Marlene said...

Your layout is GORGEOUS. Love it.

Jingle said...

It is gorgeous! And I absolutely LOVE that photo! LOVE. It.

shery said...

lovely layout

Kelli said...

Love the photos!

Jody said...

Love your page, great photos along with my most favorite white thickers in the land :)
Hope you are feeling well!

Kathy Sprinkle said...

You are right sometimes a nice cup of tea is perfect! Nice layout too!

I stopped over to thank you for visiting my blog when Jingle guest posted and now I'm hooked! You have a terrific blog here and I'm very impressed by your breast cancer story... only 8 posts about it -- you are definitely a kick ass and move forward type of gal! Very inspiring!

Outrageous joy,
Kathy over at Everyday Bliss
http://www.blisspot.blogspot.com/

ellen s. said...

just love how you used the product on the layout and gorgeous photos!!!

Vicki said...

Beautiful layout and photo!

Marfa said...

Great photos...sounds like my house...tea and cookies! Mmmm. I'm not a coffee girl...but I love the smell of it...

Jocelyn said...

Oh My Goodness....that LO is STUNNING...I love how you used the stamps...and by the way....love those cookies and tea...that is one of my favorite teas!!! The pics are stunning!!!

The bath salts pic is perfect...look at you go!!!

So glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better and I know what you mean with the steriods..I am back on them and have put on 11 pounds....YUCK!!!!

I know that we live close enough to visit...so when you are feeling better we will make a date..maybe hubby and I can head your way and you can direct me to some scrap stores in the area.... and YES....you come here and raid my closet anyday...I am so anal about putting clothes together...in fact my Mom called today and she knows I am having a tough time right now....and she asked me if I wanted to go shopping at Chico's tomorrow.....I SAY....YES.....I just had the mammogram and sonogram done and now they are doing biopsies next Friday...here I go again!!!! I am putting on my Big girl pants and keeping my chin up...so yes...come raid my closet...I just adore you!!!

vtpuggirl said...

That page is just awesome, glad you are back scrapping (and feeling a little better too!)

Lisa Dorsey said...

Wonderful layout Chris and I just adore that photo! Fabulous!

Tracy said...

I like how you journaled and then cut them up with the edges rounded.
Love this picture. You are good

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

great LO!!!
I LOVE that pic...I can smell it way over here :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i love love love love love that lo!!!!! just gorgeous!!!! And that close up of the bath & body works...wow wow wow...very very cool! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Andrea Amu said...

This layout rocks, woman! Love the photos... I just want to grab them cookies! Lol! Love the way you used the PP rubons and cut and used the tea bag packaging! I also love making tea the old fashioned way... I did that alot during the winter.

Glad to hear you are doing well and feeling better :)

Melonie said...

Love that LO! I too enjoy the whole process of tea from making to the last sip:) Glad you are feeling a little better.

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice. Like the detail shot seeing how you outlined the blue alphas to help them stand out. Your photography is very nice and documenting "Simple Pleasures" is always a good idea. Glad you're feeling better. Don't worry about the weight. . .just keep your strength.

Casey Wright said...

Your LO is lovely! And nice job with the pics of bath crystals - just beautiful! Glad to hear you are scrapping again :)

Laura said...

I saw this layout on the Club CK site and love it!