Friday, March 19, 2010

Hippity Hoppity....

Easter’s on it’s way...

2 Peas is having it’s first scraplift challenge for a chance to win a $20 gift card, so I thought I’d play along.

Here’s the link.

My take on the layout... I whipped this out pretty quick this morning.

Easter 2009

In order to qualify for the $20 GC, you must use all 2 Peas digi stuff.

Wanted to update on my situation... I'm having surgery on April 1. Kinda messes with Easter, but at this point, I just want it done, so I didn't want to delay it. I should be OK by Sunday. Matt is a great cook, and always does the ham anyway. I'll just need to prepare some stuff a bit on the early side, so I'll do that in the next 2 weeks, you know, kids baskets, clean, stuff like that. I'm having what they call a radical mastectomy. That just means that they take lymph nodes out, too.

Because of all that has happened to me, we are radically changing are diet. The kids will be the hardest to convert, so I’ll need to do it slowly. We’re going to eat way healthier. I found a list of cancer fighting foods, some that have actually been proven to reduce cancer tumors... top of the list - broccoli and all the foods in that family which include kale, cabbage, cauliflower, etc.

This morning for breakfast, I had this awesome smoothie. It was delicious. I seriously can drink this everyday, no problem. I’m not a big breakfast eater, so this is right up my alley.

Isn’t it pretty??

Smoothie

Raspberries & blackberries were tops on the list for fighting cancer. This is a strawberry, raspberry, blackberry and blueberry smoothie made with soy milk. I also have a banana and some honey in there. Sooo yummy. I used all frozen berries and kept them frozen, so it was like a milkshake!

Oh, I must not forget green tea. 2 cups a day, steep for 8-10 minutes. Luckily, I like all the foods on the list, except sweet potatoes.

Have a super weekend!

Hope your weather is as nice as mine. Sunny and 70°!!!

16 comments:

Marlene said...

Berry pretty layout! Oops - I mentioned berry cuz I'm thinking of your fabulous drink!! That looks YUMMY!!! (The green tea, I can do without...blecch.) You have a wonderful attitude - I wish you well with your recovery!

Jingle said...

Your layout is great! It's nice to see one that took the banner concept in a different direction! That smoothie looks amazing! I love smoothies!

Erica Hettwer said...

Cute layout!

I hope your surgery goes very, very smoothly! I'll be thinking of you!

Oh, and all I could think of when I saw your smoothie was Pink Paislee's new line! LOL!

Kelli said...

Your smoothie looks delicious!

Christie said...

Love your layout. And that smoothie is super yummy looking!
Sending lots of (((hugs)))) and prayers your way that your surgery goes smoothly.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwww!!! loving that lo!! the eggs are cute!!!! sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for april 1.....don't u wish it was an april's fools joke???? LOL!!! :):):) That smoothie does look yummy!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

I love the idea of changing the diet....how about if we partner up....I love all the listed foods and that smoothie looks awesome!!

April 1st is fast approaching...but I would also choose to get this done with....Know that you are in my prayers daily....Your attitude amazes me!!!

Love the LO...you did a fabulous job!!!!

laterg8r said...

hope your surgery goes well! that smoothie looks delish :D

Casey Wright said...

That smoothie looks amazing. Your LO is amazing. You are such an inspiration and I love your attitude - just wanted to say thank you for that :).

Cindy Gay said...

Thoughts are with you on your upcoming surgery. If you're looking for any recipes with any specific foods, send a request to me. Fruits and vegetables are tops on our list at the "Healthy Cafe" where I work.

Your daughter looks like you in your fun Easter layout.

okanogangirl said...

Yummy smoothie!
{hugs} and prayers for your surgery.

Pamela said...

Love your layout! And I will be lifting you up in prayer!!! :)

Ginny said...

Will be praying for you. Your attitude through all of this is truly amazing. Your post has given me the nudge I need, I'm going to work on improving my diet. Hugs & sunshine.

ellen s. said...

oh man. loooove those cute little eggs and bunnies!

and that smoothie? delish. they always looks so good but i am lazy, LOL!

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

great pic!
fab lo!
you amaze me...I still can't figure out how to make the jpg into a new raster to put over a picture...yep you's smarter than this chicky :) great work
hope you are well

Tara said...

You're doing just great. Best of luck on the 1st. Do you come home the same day? Most women around here seem to come home the very same day and experience very little discomfort. In fact, when my mom had her's done, we hosted a family reunion that same weekend. Not that I had her doing very much ... but she was happy to have something else to focus on other than medical stuff.
Wishing you only good things :)