Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Surgery Eve & a layout

Well, my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.... I am to be at the hospital at 10 am. I'm pretty calm about it, and in a way excited to get this thing out of me. I just talked to a friend who had a double mastectomy 2 weeks ago, and she feels great. I hope mine goes as well. I'm just doing the bad boob right now.

Anyway... I did a couple layouts last weekend, and I have another one to share with you. This one was also for a challenge on Serendipity Scrapbooks.

sweet

I was going to journal around the paper block but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Here's a couple close ups:
sweet 1

I put some glossy accents on the flowers to look like rain drops, just for the heck of it!

sweet 2

We had to use 4 rub ons for the challenge... now I know why I don't use rub ons too often! Can you say pita?? LOL!

That's about it for today. I hope to blog next week. I'm only in the hospital one night after surgery, then I get to go home... which is fine with me because it's hard to sleep in the hospital, so noisy and people waking you up and pokin' ya in the middle of the night.... geez!

Have a great Easter if you're celebrating. Enjoy your family this weekend.

23 comments:

Shelley Haganman said...

I will be thinking of you!!

Erica Hettwer said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, my friend! I hope it all goes super smoothly!

Bye-bye, bad booby!!!

eta~my word verification for this comment is heall, so there you go! Heal all!!!

Rachel said...

I will thinking of you tomorrow! Hugs, prayers and positive thought being sent your way!

What a majestic layout! The doggie sure is a cuttie :)

Jocelyn said...

Oh sweet friend...it is going to be a Big Day for you tomorrow and I know that you just want this behind you!!!!

You have remained in my prayers and I am sending extra for you!!!!

Just adore the LO...what a beautiful PUP!!!

Take good care of yourself and Happy Easter to you and your family!!!! Love you!!!

Rachel said...

I'll be saying a prayer for you.

(Also, I love the doggy layout!!!)

Amy said...

i'll be thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery :) sending {hugs} and smiles :) :) :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I will keep U in my prayers tomorrow! :) LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the lo!!!! those photos are ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deanna said...

You'll be in my thoughts!

EmilyRSPS said...

Sending positive thoughts your way!!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Beautiful layout Chris! Love the design and your gorgeous accents. You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Hugs.

Michelle Lanning said...

What a lovely layout - I will be praying for yoU!

Andrea Amu said...

I know, it's difficult to get any rest in a hospital with all the pokin' and prodin' they do every hour! I am sending you my thoughts and prayers, Chris!! Take it easy!

I loved this page! The kraft looks so good with you doggie!

Pamela said...

Great layout! And I will be thinking about you and praying for you today!!!

Marlene said...

Beautiful puppy layout! Many wishes for a successful outcome and quick recovery. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope everything goes smoothly.

Norma Kennedy said...

Ohhh Sweetie...u are in my thoughts in prayers ! Ur layout is just precious !

Lisa Howard said...

Praying for you, dear one! Wishing you a blessed Easter! Hugs and more hugs...L

Michelle said...

Big day for you!!!! Time to kick that "C-word" out of your body! You will be in my prayers, thoughts, & heart all day (everyday). I can't wait to hear from you.

I just read through your comments here, on FB, & on the MB--I'm telling you, girl! You are soooo loved! Seriously, you are a hero to so many people. I'm proud of you!

sssalad said...

I wish you lots of luck on a speedy recovery after your surgery! I know it will be a relief to get this behind you! I'm sure you will do great - you have amazing strength and I totally admire you!!!

designingdms said...

I'll be thinking of you. Beautiful LO.

OkanoganHighlandsPhotography said...

{{hugs}} & prayers

PattiM said...

Beautiful LO, Chris!! Hope your doing well and recovery quickly.

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!

Cindy Gay said...

Beautiful animal. Great layout. Thinking happy thoughts about your surgery!

chelemom said...

What a fabulous LO! Hope all went well with your surgery!