Friday, March 26, 2010

Wild for Washi!

The Japanese Washi tapes, that is. Have you seen them? They're very cool.

You can find them on Etsy. I really like this tape from PrettyTape on Etsy.
Photobucket

My friend Joscie sent me these:
tape

And, check out what I did with the Washi tape!

First, I used some tape to decorate up a plain envelope that I made. (see last post for envelope template)
Env w/Japanese tape

Here, I made a tag for spring. You can layer Washi tape, it's semi transparent, which can make for some cool effects. I used the MM Slice to cut out the froggies.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And lastly, I made an Easter egg. I put the Washi tape over some plain paper, then used my Making Memories Slice to cut out an egg shape (I used the Spring design card). I added some bling from Creative Charms to finish it off. I could see a bunch of these on a branch in a vase for a center piece.
Photobucket

Family Circle used Washi tape to decorate either hard cooked eggs or blown eggs. Here's the link. I was afraid to post the photo, didn't want to infringe on any photo rights.

Use Washi tape to decorate plain vases, as shown on To Be Charmed.

AND, check out Happy Tape, lots of ideas there. You will be hooked!!

Have a great weekend! Happy crafting!

19 comments:

jayne said...

The Washi tape looks awesome! I think I might need some! Love the tag and the egg!

Marlene said...

How cool is that! I've never seen this stuff before. :)

Benita said...

Never heard of Washi tape before, but it looks really cool! Great projects!

Jocelyn said...

Now I am intrigued.....Looks like tons of things could be created with these wonderful tapes!!!

Love what you did with them and now I am off to check out the other sites!!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous weekend!!!

Tracy said...

This looks like a fun item to work with.
Love your creations

Jingle said...

Chris, you are killing me, here! I haven't bought any yet because I've only seen it online and I just haven't had the money to order, but I've been drooling over it in several shops. I love it and what you have done with it makes me want it SO much more! Gorgeous work!

ellen s. said...

OMG. i loooove it! how cool is that...i have to go ask her where she got that...totally love what you did with it, too!

are you gonna find time to scrap over at the Crop at Serendipity this weekend?? :) :) :)

Casey Wright said...

Those are super cool! I'm going to have to find me some of this stuff - TFS!

Pamela said...

Fabulous work! I too have never seen those before! :)

Barb said...

Oooooh, that tape looks so cool. I love your projects. They're so fun and look so simple yet elegant.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Those tapes are awesome!!! I just adore all of your projects! I will need to go check them out!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I gotta get some uh that! First time visitor, LOVE your blog. *Personal note - Good luck with the fight. Just had a scare myself and go the A okay this morning. Thanks for reminding others to "feel their boobies". :)

Lynn said...

this is just tooo stinkin cute and i wouldn't have known what to do w/them. wow wowow!

joscelyne cutchens said...

so so fab Chris!! :) You rock girl!
ps. i ordered them from Uguisu
http://uguisu.ocnk.net/

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

I've seen that stuff and it looks sooo cool!

sally said...

adorable, adorable!!! love those frogs!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i loveeeeeeeeeeee what u did with the tapes!!! those froggys are adorable! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PattiM said...

Cute tags, Chris. That tape looks great, haven't tried it yet. Love that its semi transparent.

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Deanna said...

What a cool product - I've never seen it before and love what you did with it. The tags with the frogs are super!