Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Bikini" in the Old...

If anyone has or had a daughter in Daisy Scouts or Girl Scouts or have been a Girl Scout yourself, you might know the Girl Scout song... “make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold.”

Well, my daughter insisted that the song was, “make new friends, bikini in the old...”

My husband and I would just laugh and laugh. 7 years later and she’s still a funny girl.

I used the Bikini in my title for this layout. How cute are these little 6 year olds? In a blink of an eye I now have a teenager! When did that happen??

make new

I used the new Cosmo Cricket papers Material Girl. Fun stuff.

Here are a couple close ups:
make new 2

I ran my pink polka dot Bo Bunny cardstock thru my printer to get the black part of the title on, then I adhered the Thickers.

make new 1

The butterfly I cut out using my Slice (we are still having a hot and heavy love affair!) and my Martha Stewart loopy punch (coming in at a close second as my other fav!).

Since I can’t quite move my left arm, I’ve been working on some digi projects. Then it hit me.... why not do 8 1/2 x 11 digi? I mean, I can print that out at home. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier! I have all these digi layouts that are just stuck in my computer, but now, if I do them 8 1/2 x 11, I can print them! (Can you see the light bulb glowing above my head? It’s an energy star one, so it takes a while to light up! lol!)

BC Surgery Update....

Well, it has been 4 full days since my surgery. I feel OK. I slept A LOT over the weekend. Pain meds will do that to you. I tried to tough it out yesterday and only took 1 pill before bed, but had all these weird feelings in my arm and chest... not necessarily pain, but I guess all the nerves are cut, and I get these little zings like you hit your funny bone. Very weird. The hardest thing was taking a shower. Also getting dressed, since I can't lift my arm up, that was kinda tough. But, other than that, I'm OK. The incision feels really tight, but I'm sure it will feel more normal in time. I just hope that my pathology results come back negative. Please, please, please. Scary stuff.

Today I see a home health nurse, and tomorrow I will see the surgeon. I'm hoping she will take out this drain. Very strange little thing and quite annoying, I must say.

Other than that, I feel pretty good. I'd like to take a walk, and it's sooo pretty out. I probably won't make it far. Sometimes I feel like a 40 year old inside an 80 year old body!

This too shall pass.

Have a wonderful day. Take time to stop and smell the roses, or tulips, or heck, even the coffee!! ;)

21 comments:

Marlene said...

I admire your courage and positive attitude. That will get you far.

Love the layout - and your little girl is adorable. "Bikini in the old". Heehee!

Barb said...

The bikini thing is super cute. Kids are funny. Hugs to you, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Pamela said...

Love your layout. Been thinking about you...thanks for the update. I hope you get the drain out and recover quickly!

Sunshine and Shadows said...

I love the layout - the title is so cute.

I hope you recover quickly and completely.

Jingle said...

Your layout is super adorable and that tile is fantastic! So fun! I really hope you get to feeling better quickly. I think about you so much lately!

Cindy said...

Love the layout. I have been thinking about you and have anxiously been waiting for your update! Keep in touch!

Erica Hettwer said...

I feel a deep affinity for Emma. We both have names that start with "E" and we both mess up song lyrics. I used to think that "You Give Love a Bad Name" was actually "You Give Love a Band-Aid"!

I'm so glad your surgery went well and I'm positive you are going to get the results you want to hear and be just fine! :)

ellen s. said...

i am so glad it went well you and you are up and about!

Tracy said...

I have been thinking about you, Glad your surgery went well.
Love your positive additude.
You are a woman after my own heart, wanted to scrap days after surgery. teehee

Rach H said...

Cute layout and I'm so glad you documented her cute saying!!! We always joke about what my brother and I said as children.

Hope you have a quick recovery and good news!

Christie said...

Love the layout! So cute. I'm praying for good, good news for you! Take Care!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

glad everything went ok!!!! been thinking and praying for u!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo...that title is just soooooooooooooooo adorable! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PattiM said...

Glad your feeling better. You created a really cute LO... My DD was in brownies, loved doing that with her. I loved those years of my kids growing up.. Will be {{{{{{PRAYING}}}}}} for good news...

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Jocelyn said...

You have been through it and I pray that pathology reports come back just PERFECT!!

You are doing well and I can share....I just said the same thing the other day....I feel like I live in the body of an 8o year old!!!

I just adore the LO.....I remember that song with my daughter!!!

Keep up that wonderful spirit...you inspire us all!!!

Love you sweet friend!!! :-)

Andrea Amu said...

What a super cute memory of your daughter that you captured on that page... I bet she loves that one! Love your butterfly. Glad to see you are lovin' that Slice :)

Also glad to hear that you are recuperating well... keep takin' it easy... let those people who love you dearly dott on you hand and foot!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the title of your layout and the words to her song. Very nice punched border.

You're one tough lady!

With admiration,
Cindy in Morgantown

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi chris!
you are an amazing person!
i am so glad you are feeling good and getting stronger everyday!
your layout is just wonderful!
xoxox
melissa

designingdms said...

I've been thinking of you. Lots of prayers coming your way!

Love your LO!

Tina said...

Beautiful blog! I hope you feel better soon:)

Lisa Dorsey said...

LMBO at the title and story to that layout! How cute!

You are such an inspiration. Your attitude and outlook are amazing. I have been thinking about you and so glad you are recoving well. Take care!

Amy said...

I've been thinking about you and praying for you, too :) Thanks for the update! Love the layout and story behind it - too cute!