Monday, April 26, 2010

Purple....

I don't know why I don't like the color purple... might be that whole Barney thing back when Emma was a baby, but I just don't like purple. I like purple things, like lilacs and grapes, but as far as using purple in my home decor, art or my layouts, nope, it's not gonna happen....

UNTIL now! I think I might be a convert!

I went to my LSS Art Tech on Saturday and met Debbie there. We shopped and I also got in touch with the owner who wanted me to do a few layouts. She wanted me to work with this Bobunny Jazmyne line.

I ended up just loving this layout, purple and all:
Sweet Teen

Here are a couple of close ups:
Sweet Teen cu 1

Used my Slice to cut these butterflies out of this pretty glitter paper, and also the letters below:
Sweet Teen cu 3

Sweet Teen cu 2

My sweet teen went to the Ohio State football game on Saturday with her friend. When she came home, she announced that is where she wants to go to college. I said what's wrong with Penn State or Pitt? LOL! I'd actually prefer her to go to Seton Hill College or Saint Vincent. Both have great art degrees and are within driving distance! ;)

Have a great day!

16 comments:

Marlene said...

Wowza - that is ONE SWEET LAYOUT! I love everything about it. Crisp, clean - and PURPLE (my favorite color!)

ellen s. said...

oh is THAT gorgeous! wowowowow...the purple is fabulous.

may be one day if i head out west again, we go beer tasting ;)

i have had Iron City before but I am sure there are much better choices out there than that!

Casey Wright said...

You rocked the purple in this one! Woo hoo! Love it!

Tffny said...

Love that LO and I'm not a purple fan either!

Jocelyn said...

Well girlfriend...I would agree...I never really care for purple...I like the lilacs and grapes to....but...you have converted me!!! This LO is AWESOME!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Look at your daughter...she is real looker...just like her Mama!!!

I felt the same way when Danielle announced that she wanted to attend college in North Carolina...but she ended up attending here in Maryland and I was delighted!!!

Thanks for all the wonderful love you sent to me today!! I ADORE YOU!!! :-)

Andrea Amu said...

You rocked the purple! This is stunning... love that top corner :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous Chris!!! LOVE IT!! U make purple LOOK AWESOME!! I have the hardest time using it too...I think I have the same Barney issue!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PattiM said...

Like you I am not a purple fan but that is one gorgeous LO! And your emma has such a sweet, pretty face. Love that smile!

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Just stunning!

Cindy said...

I love this layout. And the new Jazmyne papers are my current favorite. I just picked up the cascading chipboard album kit, and a whole bunch of the papers at my LSS.

laterg8r said...

love the glittery purple butterflies - great LO :D

Cindy Gay said...

Emma's very pretty as is your "purple" layout.

Jan said...

I'm not a big purple fan either, but I do like this Bo Bunny paper. I think it's the combination with green colors that appeal to me. Your layout is beautiful!
Hope you're doing o.k. and recovering well from your operation!

theelfqueen said...

You have not converted me to purple but I do adore your layout... and now I can't help wishing my lilacs were even close to blooming (they're just starting to get leaves).

Lisa Howard said...

Another never-really-liked-purple turned really-lovin-purple convert here! WOW! Your page is gorgeous!!! And your daughter...such a pretty, pretty girl! Of course, how could she not be with you as a mom! Good luck with the college selection thingy...always "fun" to see where they wanna go. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo L

Sunshine and Shadows said...

This layout is so beautiful. I just keep looking at it.