Monday, May 3, 2010

Chu-Chi Face & Happy Days...

Here we go.... again with the purple! What's up with that?

OK, this purple is more on the pink side. It's new from My Minds Eye, and I just ADORE it!

I also adore these photos of my daughter when she was a baby. We called her Chu-Chi.

About 2 weeks ago, we were all sitting around watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and that song came on... Chu-Chi Face... immediately I knew I wanted to do a layout using that song and Chu-Chi as the title.

Here it is... a little on the busy side, but eh, that's OK, it's just for me.
Chu-Chi face

And a couple of close ups:
Chu-Chi face cu1

Chu-Chi face cu2

Chu-Chi face cu3

Did you see her cheeks? So squeezable!

I saw a layout on 2 peas that used the 6 squares, and for the life of me I can't remember who influenced this design.

So many "good" things are happening. Finally! I'm happy again.

1. I have EYEBROWS! Yes, it's the little things. You have no idea how hard it is to pencil in eyebrows... many days I'd end up with one up and one down... which totally cracked me up. I just kept remembering the line in Toy Story, when Mrs. Potatohead was packing up Mr. Potatohead and asking him if he wanted to take his "angry" eyebrows!

2. We bought a new fridge... I know I posted this before, but I really love that thing! It makes me happy!

3. I'm doing physical therapy, and I love it. It hurts so good! LOL! My arm is recovering quickly. I went from being able to bend it 80° to 144° in a matter of 2 weeks... she said I was doing great, so I'm taking her word for it.

4. Summer is quickly approaching, and that in and of itself makes me happy. No school! Warm days, eating outside, picnics, graduations, amusement parks! The beach! Yea summer!

5. I get to be a guest designer on the Ally Scraps blog coming up here in June! That makes me happy!

6. Grandma Barbara, aka my mother in law, is giving us money to buy a new sofa! Woot! Yeah for Grandma Barbara! She's da bomb! She said it's for all the past couple of rough months we had with my chemo and all. Plus, I was complaining about our ugly furniture!

7. I lost a few pounds since being off of those stinkin' steroids, and that makes me happy. A few more (or 20) would make me even happier. ;)

8. The kindness of everyone makes me happy. Friends and strangers alike, they just amaze me. People I don't know send me cards and letters saying they are thinking of me and praying for me... it is just amazing and touching and wonderful. I appreciate every single card, letter, and kind word. It has really gotten me through these past months. Thank you all!!

9. My iPod makes me happy. I take that little thing every where. Keeps my notes, my appointments, email, music.... love, love, love it!

10. Last, but certainly not least.... my hubby and kids, who were so loving and patient and kind to me all winter while I was sick.... who doesn't make me feel ugly and tell me that they like my little bit of stubble on my head and prefer that over my wig.

Happy day to you, too!!

18 comments:

Christie said...

Great Layout! But I expect nothing less from you! lol! Your happy list made me happy! And I was having a down day, so thank you for turning it back up. :-)

Marlene said...

Sounds like you have much for which to be grateful. :) Love your attitude!

Your layout is adorable - and those chubby cheeks on your princess are just the cutest little things!

Cindy said...

Great layout. And your blog makes me happy. Keep 'em coming! Can't wait to see what you will be doing on the Ally Scraps blog!

Jingle said...

So adorable! I love your things that make you happy! Yay! for Eyebrows!!!!

Jan said...

This layout is so cute! Love those chubby cheeks! Glad to hear that you are feeling better and now have eyebrows! You have such a great attitude and I'm sure that makes all the difference in your healing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!! That lo is ADORABLE!!! I love love love love it!!! and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your happy list too...hehehehehehehehe "angry eyes" that was one of my fave lines from that movie!! LOL!! I can't wait for the new one to come out! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Love the LO......so adorable...Love the list of things that are making you happy....You have such a wonderful outlook on life!! I giggled about the eyebrows..I know what you mean!!!

Just love you girlie!!! Wishing you a great week!!! :-)

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

I am so happy you are happy my girl!!!

MrsETaylor said...

Love the happy list. It is always such a great feeling to sit and write about those things that make you smile.

scrapbookobsession said...

Love the layout of your sweet girl. Congrats on the Ally Scraps DT. That means we get to see even more of your awesome work! Loved your happy list ... I'm so happy you're happy. You deserve it all, girlie!
~Erika

Tracy said...

Cute layout, and yes I do want to squeeze those cheeks.

Debbie Gaydos said...

LOVE this page, YES, those are some squeezable cheeks! hehe And SO glad you are feeling so good and things are improving! You look GREAT! We need to scrap again soon. YEAH, SUMMER!! :)

Sunshine and Shadows said...

We love Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang. My grandson says, "Watch bang bang cars."

I love your happy list. Congratulations on growing eyebrows. I love your reference to Toy Story on that one.

I'm glad you are feeling better. Good job on your PT.

Linda Rodriguez said...

What an adorable layout! Those cheeks are definitely squeezable! I'm glad that you had a happy day; hope there are many many more to come. :)

Andrea Amu said...

What a wonderful happy list you have there! So much to be happy about in deed! Great job on the therapy :)

And this page isn't busy at all... I think it's cute as can be!

Cindy Gay said...

You are pretty to even us strangers. Oh I love the little girl layout too.

Michelle said...

Your list of things that make you happy made me happy too! Thanks for being such an inspiration!

ellen s. said...

love the lo and list! amazing...i just love coming here..you always inspire me.

i am following your blog...not sure why i never did before..guess b/c i come anyway ;)