Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Hybrid!

I just LOVE this new digi line Sweet Summertime from Crystal Wilkerson, available at Jessica Sprague.

When I saw it, I instantly fell in love, it is just so stinkin' cute!!

I used several papers, and some of the labels, and of course the ever popular pennant banner.

grands

I hand cut the sun, label and cloud. I used my Martha Stewart punches to punch the edges of the paper strips.

I print my digi elements and paper on matte finish brochure paper from Staples (their brand). It's about 100# text weight, and produces beautiful bright colors.

Here are a couple close ups. I used pop dots to give the layout some dimension:

grands cu 2

grands cu 1

I also added some buttons.

If you're a digi chick, check out Crystal's stuff... and if you're not, check it out anyway! It's sooo cute!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I threw my back out! OUCH. While walking, or rather hobbling into the restaurant for Mother's Day lunch, my dear husband kept telling people that I had had one too many. He's a card! I'll deal with him later. ;) I'm so glad we had a sit down lunch and not a buffet!

Here's what my dd made me. Everyone signed it and wrote me notes. I love my family, they're so sweet!! I'm a lucky girl.

Photobucket

Have a great week!

11 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Your daughter did good! Happy Mother's Day.

joscelyne cutchens said...

i so totally love that layout. SO fab! I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to check in with you this past week. Glad to hear you're being treated like a queen, you deserve it! :) xxooxx

Heather Prins said...

wow this is fabulous!

Jocelyn said...

Oh this LO is STUNNING!!! I love all the elements and that banner.....swoon!!!!!

Oh no about your back.....please take care of yourself...Cute what hubby said...and your daughter did a wonderful job!!! You are blessed!!

Wishing you a week filled with sunshine and smiles!!! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!! Such bright cheery colors!! And loving that banner and the sun!!! I love love love love that sign they made for U!!!! Sooooooooooooo sweet! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marlene said...

That's a sweet HAPPY layout - and the giant banner your family made for you is AWESOME!

laterg8r said...

love the dimension, fab lo :D

Shelley Haganman said...

Love,love,love this!! I need to try some digi/paper scrapping! What a nice way to celebrate mom too!!!

Jingle said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love it! And that banner that your kids made is so cute and SO SWEET!!!

ellen s. said...

that layout is gorgeous!!! the colors are amazing...yeah for summer!

and that banner is so cool! you must have been over the mooon--you deserve it!

PattiM said...

I love your LO, Chris. Great composition and such a great picture. Loving the bright colors. Printed great. Cute sign your kids made for you. I hope you get better soon. I so hate when my back is bothering me... Hope your having a beautiful Sunday!!

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!