Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ta Da!

We got the new furniture. I like it a lot. We had to rearrange the family room, put the tv on the side wall instead of the back wall, and now we need to buy a new cable for the tv, but other than that, it worked out perfect. It's so fresh looking in there now. Before I had dark brown sofas. (you can see these in the layout below)

Here's how the room turned out. I still need to put some artwork on the bare walls. We had to take the picture down that I had up. I'm going to do some art canvases of a few of my favorite project 365 photos. You can get 12 x 12 canvases for around $12 at Arts Cow. I thought doing about 6 in black and white would look really cool.

living room

I had to stitch 2 photos together. My wide angle lens isn't wide enough. (If you look way back past the kitchen, thru the arch is a white door... that's our office. We bought this house because of that office!

Here's just the sofa... love it! I'm going to paint the pine tables black. They are super duper old. I think we bought them in 1994. They are scratched and scuffed, crayoned and markered... just really beat up. They're do for a make over.

lv 1

The pillows are growing on me. At first I didn't like them, but they're pretty cool.

Here's the other side of the room:
chair

A comfy recliner for my hubs. I don't think it looks to terrible of a recliner. (and yes, that is one green wall and one yellow wall, we're weird like that! I'm tiring of the yellow though, I think I'll just take the green into the kitchen.)

And our fireplace... we painted it with orange suede Ralph Lauren paint. I'm sure the name isn't "orange" it's probably something fancy, but it's been 7 years and I can't remember.

fp

See that stinkin' cord for the cable... gotta get a new one. (mmm, mmm, mmm, look at the eye candy on my tv. Hi Josh!!)

So, there's a peek at my family room. It's fun to redo a room. It's even more fun when you have money given to you from Grandma Barbara to buy new stuff. Thanks Barbara, we love ya!

And lastly, here's a digi layout I did using Crystal Wilkerson digi papers and elements available on Jessica Sprague.

This is our first home. It was little, but I loved it. We remodeled the whole thing, top to bottom. I still miss my maple kitchen cabinets. They were so much better than the ones I have now. But, we grew, and our business grew and Matt being 6' 2", and having a slanted ceiling attic office just wasn't cuttin' it for him. Plus, I wanted my kids to go to this school district.

Home

Well, that's it for today. I'm off to the Crop Shop to meet 2 scrappy friends, Debbie and Midori! Let's see what damage we can do!!

Have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

amy said...

hi, Josh!? looks great :)

Marlene said...

Looks FANTASTIC, and I'm so glad the pillows are growing on you. I liked them right away when I saw them!! :)

Great layout! I need to do one of these, I think.

laterg8r said...

great page, love seeing josh on tv too LOL :D

Jingle said...

It looks fantastic! We were watching the finale of Lost last night and I mentioned that it was probably time for me to decide if Jack or Sawyer was the better looking one. The Hubbums quickly informed me that I had better pick Sawyer since he looks so much like him! LOL! (Oddly, though, he thinks Jack is better looking. Strange man that I married! HA!) Your layout is super cute, too!

PattiM said...

Your new furniture looks great. Is a nice feeling when you look at new furniture in your home, perks you up.
Love the LO. I wish I'd known about scrapping back when we were living in apartments. We moved 9 times for better rent and newer apartments. Have a great week

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

I really like your new couch.

The scrap page on your first home is very sweet :)

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

looks awesome!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh I adore the makeover...and that orange Fireplace ROCKS!!! I love those pillows toooooo!!!

So glad that makeover is complete, except for the wall art...that is the fun part!!! We are still in the midst of putting the finishing touches on the downstairs!!!

Have fun at the scrappy store!!!!

DtsArt said...

really like your home layout

Jenniwren32 said...

Your home looks beautiful!!! :)

Shelley Haganman said...

Looks great!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING the new living room set!! GORGEOUS!!! And love love love love love that lo!!!!! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Debbie Gaydos said...

Wow, your room is beautiful! The sofa looks great in there. I totally covet your TV! ;) Can't wait until we can upgrade ours.

Lydia said...

What a great transformation!! Congrats!!

Toronto Real Estate said...

Love the finished result! i know I have plenty of stuff sitting around the house that I could redecorate with - great inspiration!