Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Curious Case of the Missing “E’s”

Last night we were playing Scrabble with the kids. After 2 games, we decided to see if we had all the Scrabble tiles. We have 2 Scrabble games, and after counting the tiles for both, we discovered we were missing several "E's" (and one B). While playing we did notice some canine teeth marks in several letters! (Mystery solved, apparently they've been digested by one large brown hound!)

We combined the letters to have one complete set. We just need to remember that the tiles in the velvet bag have the correct number of letters.

The letter "E" has been a stinker for me since starting to scrapbook. When you buy letter stickers, like the AC Thickers, there are never enough E's. They need to take a clue from the Scrabble tiles and have at least 10 E's!

skunky line2

Speaking of E's... have you seen the new paper company Echo Park? Well, I just happen to have some Echo Park paper from Ally Scraps! And it's super cute! It's design is by Crystal Wilkerson. You might recall that I do some digital scrapbooking for Crystal, so I was super excited when I found out she's designing for them.

Here's the layout I did for my guest blog spot on Ally Scraps using the Echo Park Sweet Summertime paper.

happiest place

This line is so much fun! I used the sticker sheet for these pin wheels, then I just added a gem accent to add some sparkle.

happiest place cu 2

Another cute element from the sticker sheet. This time I used a button for an accent.

happiest place cu 1

OH, if you're interested in step by step instructions on how I put together this layout, visit this Ally Scrap blog post to see the instructions. It really came together very quickly.

Summertime is officially here at my house! The kids' last day of school was yesterday. I thought I was going to get to sleep in this morning. Instead, I was rudely awakened at 6:30 am by the sound of the toilet lid being dropped by my son.... ahhhh, summer! ;)

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I agree with.....we need more E's on our alphabet sheets!!! Funny story about the pup!!!!

Love that LO....such wonderful colors and Happy Pics....It is the Happiest Place on Earth!!!! We will be heading there in October...if I can get all these health issues under control!!!

Wishing you a great one and enjoy Summer Vacation with the children!!!

Love ya sweet friend!!!! :-)

Kelli said...

I'm with you on the E's. I run out so fast!
I wonder what words you dog pooped out!
We are going to Disneyland again in October. I can't wait, I could live there!

Jingle said...

LOL! Puppies are cute. Right? I've SO been there! Your layout is fabulous! I'm jealous that you already have your hands on that great new line!

PattiM said...

Love your LO, Chris!! This is what I'd like my LO's to feel like when we come back from Disneyland on the 26th.
And I know what you mean about not enough E's.. LOL I still look for scrabble games at yard sale's. I like to use the tiles for scrapbooking, especially for titles.. Take care!

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Marlene said...

LOL! I never have enough E's!

Love the layout! Especially those pinwheels!!!!

laterg8r said...

i use the backward 3's as E's and cut 8's in half to make E's too :D

Amy said...

i'm always running out of e's and a's and n's with 3 boys with 'an' in their names! :)

btw, my 4 yr. old drops the toilet lid at the crack of dawn, too ~ what is it with boys!?!

Elizabeth said...

We never have enough E's around here. I love that LO, the paper is so cheerful!

I can't believe it's summer! the girls have been sleeping in. :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

U know....I have said for YEARS that a company should have an all consonants and all vowels packages...seriously...would be sooooooooo much better...and trust me...with an "AdAm" and a "brOOkie" in my life...lol lol lol...I would BUY BOTH!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!! Soooooooooo colorful!!!! And if any company sees my idea above...lol..I want full credit for the idea!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Andrea Amu said...

That's such a sweet page... perfect for the Disney shots! Lovin' the Echo Park line here too!

And yea, e's and any vowel are always scarce! Hope that your doggie thought those e's tasted good, lol!