Monday, June 28, 2010

Dreaming of Monday's Past....

Here's what I was doing last Monday....

An early morning walk on this gorgeous beach... what could be better?
OBX day 2

Then later in the day, a little exercise, how about 400 steps?

We climbed this, Currituck Light House in North Carolina:
Currituck Lighthouse

Up, up, up....
Currituck Steps

are these ever gonna end???
Currituck steps

ahhh, yes, finally at the top...
View from currituck

I sure did burn off that seafood buffet!

I just had to take a photo of the potty with room for 2 (how weird is that? sitting cheek to cheek by your hubby? I think not) ...
potty

Yes, there is plexiglass covering the entrance... as if anyone would actually use it... would they???

OK, now for some scrappiness... I can't show you the dad layout just yet, because it hasn't posted on the Ally Scraps blog, but, I did make a cute card with some scraps left over from my Gigi layout.

Your Kindness

Have to post something scrappy, because after all, it is a scrappy blog. ;)

Take care, and scrap ya later!

P.S.
The above image of the dress form was a Friday Freebie that I cut out on my Silhoutte Digital Craft Cutter. If you want the SVG files, go here.

16 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

gorgeous! i love that spiral staircase shot. also... that dressform is one of my favorite files ever!

Christie said...

I've been to that same lighthouse. We have pics of me and Spencer in front of it. He was one. We didn't go in it though. Looks like you had a fabulous vacation! Love your card too. So cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Those photos are GORGEOUS!!!!! Would you mind if I scrapped that lighthouse photo as a present for my Dad??? He loves lighthouses and living in AZ we have none...lol....problems of living in the desert! LOL!! If you wouldn't mind....can you send me a copy to bmwgirl@cox.net ??? I would really appreciate it...his birthday is next Friday and that would be an AWESOME present!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card too!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the girly colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelli said...

400 setps! That's crazy. I have a fear of heights, that's why I'm short.

Rach H said...

Wow! Gorgeous pictures!!!

Your card is so pretty!

Linda Beeson said...

OHHHH, fabulous photos, you really captured that sun on the ocean wonderfully. I always love lighthouses and great card.

Jocelyn said...

Love the pics....they are perfect!!! Wow...that was a ton of steps!!!

Cute card......

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

ellen s. said...

what a beautiful trip! i bet it was so nice and relaxing, too.

gorgeous gorgeous and i love your card with your dress frame!! ;)

Michelle said...

Great pics. Ahh.. That beach photo looks amazing! So glad you had fun! Love the card! That dress form is fab!

Jingle said...

Oh, that looks fabulous! Your card is super cute, too! Oh...and room for two would certainly make it easier to take children to the bathroom when they are young. Just say'n. :-)

Andrea Amu said...

I need to print of that dress form file... I wanted to before and never did! Your card is adorable with it!

Glad you had a great vacay! Your pictures are wonderful... I'm sure you'd like to go back!

Amy said...

sounds like you had a great beach vacation! we usually do obx but did nj this year b/c my sister is pregnant. SO not the same relaxing beach vacation we're used to!!!! going back again next year :)

Marlene said...

Fantastic photos!!! The beach photo is oh so GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Love the card! That dress form is too cute!

Lorry said...

Beautiful photos... Love the spiral staircase in the lighthouse!
The 2 seater potty, reminds me of a 2 seater outhouse at my inlaws camp in rural Vermont

Marfa said...

Wow...looks like you had a fabulous time at the beach: I love seafood, too...especially crablegs, scallops, shrimp, lobster. Mmmm!

Elizabeth said...

What a gorgeous place to be and wake up too!!!! I love vacationing!

I am praying for you.
e.