Friday, June 18, 2010

Fabulous Friday!!

Wow, it is gorgeous here in western Pennsylvania! Perfect weather. The humidity finally subsided, and we have clear blue skies! Too bad I have sooo much work to do inside today.

I finished up my vintage package design for Creative Charms, and now I'm working on some more packaging for NEW bling products! They have some great stuff coming out for their fall and winter lines. I can't wait to get the actual products in my hand to play with!!

Speaking of products... have you seen Girls Paperie? This is the first time I have ever used their products, and wow! So gorgeous!

Everything you see below is available at the Ally Scraps store.

Here's my layout that I did. I used 1950's photos of my husband's mom. This paper was perfect for a vintage feel:

gigi

I used deco scissors on the photo, yes, the photo! I wanted the pictures to have a wavy edge like some of the photos from that time period.

A couple of close ups:
gigi cu 1

Above - I added a Maya Road envelope and a Jenni Bowlin button. Those are also available at the Ally Scraps online store.

gigi cu 3

My adventures in cutting felt... I added a cream felt cut flower under one of the Girls Paperie's flower. While experimenting with felt, I have come to find that spraying it with one of the popular mists doesn't really work... however, if you spray enough and squish it into the fibers it will eventually take the color... and you will also have blue smurf fingers!

And lastly, which just might be my favorite embellie, is this butterfly that I cut out using my Slice and the packaging from the Girls Paperie flowers. Their packaging in so cute! I also inked the edges with some pink.

gigi cu 2

If you want more details on my layout, there are step by step instructions on the Ally Scraps blog. I also used a great sketch by Debbie Gaydos and Dana Gennaro. They have tons of sketches if you are stuck. I used the sketch as a jumping off point, but made some changes... sometimes that's all you need is a good starting point.

That's about it for now. I'm off to work on some package designs for Creative Charms... shopping for my dad, and it's Father's Day this weekend, so don't forget dad. Since my mom passed away I do all his grocery shopping. My dad has never used a debit card! Can you believe it? He's so old fashioned. We usually visit awhile after shopping. My kids like to play in the creek by his house, that's where I spent all my time in the summer as a kid, catching cray fish and minnows. Beware of the water snakes though....{shiver}... hate those things!

Happy Friday!!

10 comments:

Heather Prins said...

beautiful!!!

Jocelyn said...

Love this LO....it is so filled with the most wonderful details!!! I love the way you cut the pics.....

Love the envelope and the button and your butterfly turned out perfect!! Stitching...WOOHOO!!!

Hope you enjoy your weekend and the wonderful temps...looks like they will be coming back for the weekend!!! YUCK!!! Love ya girlie!!!

joscelyne cutchens said...

What a pretty layout! I had to giggle. I tried to spray some felt too and ended up with inky fingers.

also, i grew up playing in a stream, catching cray fish and guppies... no snakes for us though, thankfully.

Marlene said...

Very pretty!!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS Chris!!! I love love love love love those photos, the butterflies and those BUTTERFLIES! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy Gay said...

Love the vintage pictures of your mother-in-law and you displayed them perfectly. Lots of nice borders.

Debbie Gaydos said...

Loooooove this!! You've made me "need" some of those MR envies. :) What a great page, and I love how you made the sketch your own!

Lydia said...

Great layout love the bright vintage, great job!!

Casey Wright said...

What a BEAUTIFUL LO!! Absolutely love the colors - GREAT DESIGN!

Abby said...

I just love this layout every time i see it! Great job, girl!