Friday, July 16, 2010

Giant Clothes Pin Recipe Holder

Happy Friday! Another gorgeous summer weekend is upon us.

I was at Michaels a week or so ago, and came upon a big red wooden clothes pin, and I thought wouldn't that make a cute recipe holder? And indeed it did! I love red, and I love, love, love this paper from Cosmo Cricket, Early Bird... it's old, but it's still pretty!

Recipe Holder B

Side view:
Recipe Holder A

And the back side (sorry for the blurry photo):
Recipe Holder C

On Tuesday, we visited the local farmer's market. The people there are so nice and charming. I loved it. I tried to buy something from everyone, but one can only eat so much zucchini! I had to pass on that.

I did get some neat stuff... purple "green" beans, cute carrots and the most awesome bread. It was tasty!!

farmers market

Oh, and potatoes and some little quince pears... so cute! Everything is so colorful! YUM!

Everything is organic. I even bought some grass feed ground lamb... now I need to find a recipe for the lamb... I'm thinking something Greek, maybe Greek inspired lamb burgers.

Have a super weekend!!

14 comments:

Jingle said...

Chris this is SO stinking adorable!!! Love it!

Shell said...

Early Bird might be an older line - but OMG it sells sells sells!

Love the clothes pin... love those giant ones... I am forever buying them... and redoing them.. and little ones too..

no clothespins were harmed in the making of this comment ;-)

Like you I am loving the Farmers Markets as well... and YUM grass fed meat! I am so glad it is finding its way here, that is what I miss the most about New Zealand - grass fed meat!!!

Renee Lamb said...

absolutely adorable and great idea! The vegetables look so yummy!

laterg8r said...

love this, very clever :D

Abby said...

What a cute idea, esp since you used Early Bird! I was just thinking last night that I should finally cut into mine. I've been saving it. lol. Your food looks SO yummy and colorful! I want to go to a farmers' market now!

ashjoy said...

Cute recipe clip. Love the bright colors.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is ADORABLE!!!! Love the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy said...

Thanks to everyone that supports their local Farmers' Market! My husband and I grow and sell at 2 of our local markets! And the clothes pin is so cute. I'm thinking they are great gift ideas! And you can't go wrong with Cosmo Cricket!

TraceyT said...

What a sweet project! You've gotta love this time of year for the produce. YUM

Jan said...

Love your closepin, great idea! I've been trying to go to the farmer's market as much as I can too. This year I've noticed a lot more organic booths, vegetables and meat. I just bought a juicer, love it! I've been making vegetable juices (check out "The Alkaline Sisters" blog, they have great juicer recipes and other recipes) and it does make a difference, I feel better. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, you sound like your life is gradually returning to some normality! (if there is such a thing!) I just had my second last chemo treatment, one more to go! Yeah!

Drea said...

Looking at all those fresh veggies! YUM!

Now..........I am so lovin' that clip you made and of course drooling over that CC!

Hugs,

Drea

Pamela said...

This is so cute!!! Love it! :)

Recipe Card Covers said...

Hello,

Amazing post by you. You have created a very nice site about recipe. I really gained more knowledge from your site. Thanks a lot....

cape town wedding photographer said...

Amazing idea...a clothes pin is used as a recipe holder.An innovative idea.It looks so pretty.I will definately try it out.Thanks for the idea....