Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Bloggiversary!

blogiversary 3

Today is my bloggiversary! 3 years!

It's funny, I barely remember why I started this blog. Now it's become a place where I can share my art, a bit of me, and throw in some digi freebies now and then.

My favorite share was being published in CK. I never thought in a million years that would happen! That was the highlight of my past year.

I think the hardest thing that I shared on my blog, was me getting breast cancer. I really just wanted to pretend that nothing was wrong, and just show you all my "happy" life. Unfortunately, life isn't always happy. I thought long and hard about sharing my cancer story, and finally I thought you know - if I only help one person, then, it was worth posting.

In the future, I will continue to blog about scrapbooking, because it's my creative outlet, where I can get my hands dirty, or well, not dirty, maybe sticky and sparkly! ;) But, I also want to share some stuff I've learned along the way about how I've changed my eating habits and how having cancer may have just saved my life. I know that sounds weird, but I've always said everything happens for a reason, and maybe having this life altering experience was to prevent my children from eating unhealthy food and going down the obese/diabetes/heart attack path. Those 3 things all run in my family. My uncle died from diabetes, I have a cousin a few years older than me that had open heart surgery. All this can be prevented. Even some cancers, by eating more the way our ancestors ate.

So, that's where I'm at. Hopefully it will be interesting, and I won't bore you to death!

Now, for the fun part!! Since it is my bloggiversary, and I've been blessed with so many things this past year (believe it or not!), I'd like to pay it forward. Just leave me a little comment, and I'll draw a random winner next Monday morning and get this box of scrappy goodies sent to you!!

Good things come in small packages!! ;)

prize

Have a scrappy happy day!!

32 comments:

Shell said...

ooh I love small packages :-D - congrats on the *versary

and hop on over to my blog for a giveaway as well!!

Everyday Kathy said...

Congratulations!! Three years is awesome!

A small package just might be the ticket to get me back to my scrapbooks!! I hope I win!!

jayne said...

Congrats on your blogversary!

Marcie said...

Congrats on your blogversary!

Raven said...

Happy Anniversary!
I know exactly what you mean by saying that your cancer may have saved your life. I feel the exact same way. I was diagnosed with Leukemia in 2005, while I was pregnant. I was forced to reevaluate my life and how I was living. I have changed in so many ways-for the better! I never would have opened my eyes to the importance of family and love and relationships, if not for the cancer. Many happy, healthy blessings to you and yours!

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

Congrats on your blogversary!

joscelyne cutchens said...

-Happy Bloggiversary Chris! I look forward to reading for many years to come! :)

Marlene said...

Wow 3 years already? CONGRATULATIONS!

You, my dear, are a survivor in every sense of the word. Kudos to you! You inspire me!

Christie said...

Happy Bloggiversary! I love reading your blog so I hope you continue it for many, many years!

Larajc said...

Happy Blog-i-versary! Take care and love your blog!

Tracy said...

Wow 3 years. Good for you. I have only had mine for 7 months
Nice blog goodies.

Erica Hettwer said...

Happy Blogiversary to you,
Happy Blogiversary to you,
Happy Blogiversary my dear Chris!!!
Happy Blogiversary to you!!!

Love you!!!
Erica
:D

laterg8r said...

super duper congrats on 3 years - wow!!!

your small package looks fab :D

Amy said...

i'm coming up on 3 years, too! so glad you're still blogging :) you are an inspiration - creative and otherwise!! :)

Jingle said...

As someone who has been following your fabulous blog for a long time, I have seen it become an absolutely fabulous place to visit! I love your blog, Chris! And I am so happy that you DID share your story! Congratulations on three years!!! Now that I think about it, I think my 2 year is next month! I suppose I need to get a giveaway idea started! LOL!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I am soooooooooooooo happy that I found you! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PattiM said...

Don't include my name since I've been lucky enough to receive some yummy blog candy from you before.
Just wanted to wish you a HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Tanis said...

Happy Bloggiversary. Your blog is one of my favs and I follow it religiously. You are an amazing inspiration and I look forward to your posts.
Cheers, your friend from Canada

Tanis

scrapbookobsession said...

Congrats Chris! I've been blogging for about 3 years also {thank you again for rescuing my header, btw, LOL!}.

I learned so much from you sharing your cancer story and I agree with all your views on nutrition, health, and disease. Good for you that you educated yourself along the way. You have inspired me, that's for sure!

And I'm talking in scrapbooking AND in life. I'm always rooting for your scrappy pubs, too, because you're mega-talented. All the best to you, my friend.

{{Big hugs}}
~Erika

Marfa said...

I started my blog 3 years ago in August...http://thescrumptiouslife.blogspot.com/2007_08_01_archive.html
I am so glad that you shared your cancer story with us.

tiffanyfarhner said...

happy 3 yr blogversary!!! I love reading your blog and seeing what you have created! thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Cindy said...

Chris, I love reading your blog daily. I love reading about your family, seeing your creations, and also following your trials and tribulations of the past year. You are a strong woman - keep it up! BTW, I have my annual mammogram scheduled for next Friday.

Pattie said...

Happy bloggiversary! Thanks for sharing your creativity and your life with us!

michelestamps2 said...

Thanks for the generous giveaway. Your blog has been inspiring and touching.

Kelli said...

I'm glad you share all the things, good and bad. I like to check your blog out, your header always makes me smile!

BabyBokChoy said...

Three years of blogging, congrats! :) Your projects are so lovely and your photos are totally awesome!! love it here!

okanogangirl said...

Congrats Chris!!!
Amanda

Marti's World said...

Happy Bloggiversary, Chris!

Laura said...

Congratulations on 3 blogging years!

Andrea Amu said...

Happy Bloggerversary to you, Chris! Aren't you just the sweetest! Congrats on 3 years... 3 years with lots of blessings! :)

Scrapper Lady said...

Where have I been? It's your 3 year blogerversary and I just found you! It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do because, I LOVE your blog!!

Michelle said...

This was nice of you!!