Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!! + Eye Candy...

Technically, as of this writing, the 4th is tomorrow, but I won't be here, so I'm posting today.

Phew what a week. Super busy with Creative Charms new product package design. I am sooo excited about their new stuff coming out. I am almost done designing the catalog insert sheet for the new products.

Today we're having some friends over for a cookout. My husband accused me of being "Martha Stewart". I take that as a compliment!! I've loved her for years, thru her ups and downs. I bought some Coca-Cola in old fashioned bottles. They are so cute!! But more importantly, there isn't any high fructose corn syrup in it!! DO NOT believe those commercials that it's OK to consume. It's not. Yes it has the same calories as sugar, but your body doesn't metabolize it like sugar. It's like injecting your cells with crack, they go a little crazy, your glycemic index goes up and well, you get fat.

More on that later... I've been reading the book "Anti Cancer, A New Way of Life", and I am learning a lot about what we should and should not be putting into our bodies.

I had a great vacation week. I had planned on blogging everyday this past week, with what I did last week in photos, but alas, work got in the way.

When I went to the Outer Banks, I got to meet a scrappy friend. Patti gave me a HUGE basket with all kinds of goodies. What a sweetie. Here are a few things that were in there...
patti stuff

Then, of course, Patti took me to her local scrapbook store, and I bought these scrappy goodies (and then some):
beachy stuff

I seriously want to do a beach mini album, or big album, or do a digi book from Shutterfly... I haven't decided yet. So many choices!!

We had our mail put on hold for the week, so on Monday we got a big bunch of mail! AND, yes!! I got a fun scrappy package from my favorite Hawaiian Scrapper, Joscie Cutchens! What a sweetheart for her to think of me. Here's what she sent me!!
joscie stuff

And also some TA stencils, so I can't wait to spray and play with the mist and the TA stuff I got at the OBX scrapbook store.

Now, if I only had some time to play!

Seriously, I come home from vacation, then suddenly everyone else is going on vacation, so I had to do all these projects and of course they were due pronto! Here's the tally: One mailer for SSPC, designed, logo designed for it, print management and print production, next, photography snapped for the new Creative Charms fall and winter line, Creative Charms 4 package headers, the catalog sheet, and the order sheet... also an ad for a local hospital. I had designed the ad, in bw, but she got a great deal on the back page of the news tab — so I had to redesign it in full color.

Phew... see, that's why I couldn't update my blog!

Oh, and yea!! Ally Scraps put this layout I did up on their blog. I used the Pink Paislee Starlight Collection. It's perfect for the 4th of July, or as I used it here, a Father's Day tribute.

CH_Hero_sm

I made these little fanned embellishments, in lieu of a flower, since it's a masculine page.

Photobucket

I made a banner using the fun banner stickers on the PP sticker sheet. Love banners!

Photobucket

I'm going to hop outside now and snap some photos of my little deck all set up for our picnic. It's not happening until 6 when the sun goes down, but I started to set it up. I need to make the 7 layer taco dip and a lemon blueberry cake.... mmmmmmm!

Have a great 4th of July to all my USA readers, and just an all around happy day to everyone else!! Peace!

9 comments:

Heather Prins said...

cute layout and Happy 4th!! What a great bunch of goodies!!

Tessa Buys said...

Enjoy your weekend! I love Martha, too :).

Pamela said...

Love your layout!!!! Have a great Fourth of July!

laterg8r said...

happy 4th to you :D

love the banner and fan flowers on your page :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING that lo!!!! GORGEOUS banner and loving the fan flower....and loving your happy mail!! HAPPY 4th! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshka said...

Found you from Two Peas:) Love the LO and what a fun new stash of scrappy stuff!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the Father's Day tribute. Fits in with the 4th of July theme too. Great written from the kids' perspective. Happy 4th of July.

Marfa said...

Happy 4th to you, too!!! I love that Dad layout...
Oooh, what fun stuff from Patti and Joscie! I have so many photos to scrapbook and have been getting a lot done!!! Wish we could scrap together.
I'm with you on the corn syrup. Sugar is better. We bought some Virgil's rootbeer in glass bottles to have with our grilled salmon and corn on the cob tonight!

Kelli said...

Great stuff!
Hope you have a great 4th of July!