Monday, July 5, 2010

It's gettin' hot in here....

It's the dreaded 3 h’s today... hazy, hot and humid. UGH.

Looks like I’ll be spending the day indoors. But, that’s OK because I need to finish my catalog flyer. I’m just taking a break while my camera battery charges up. (the product shots are on my camera!)

Here’s my weekend update... BBQ on Saturday, then went to my inlaws yesterday, and grandma gave the kids little fireworks and some sparklers. Thanks to a tutorial by Noel, I used my Shutter Priority setting and got awesome results. Her tutorial was here.

Saturday's BBQ:
Pearl loved how my blueberry lemon cake batter tasted:
Pugalicious

Our drinks, don’t ya love the old fashioned coke bottles? Well, 70’s era bottles, not the 20’s. ;)
BBQ drinks

Love a little sun flare:
BBQ

And our sparkler fun, with a little fireworks thrown in:
sparkler heart

E is for Em

firecracker

Hope you had a great weekend! Keep cool! Stay inside and get creative!

P.S. stay tuned for a bloggy giveaway coming up say around the 7th!! ;)

11 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

I love that pug pic and the sparklers too! I kinda wanted to do the sparkler thing, but just didnt' get on it soon enough.

Kelli said...

A/C all the way! And it's not even that hot here yet!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING the photos!! Tooooooooooooooooo FUN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marlene said...

Love your photos! That pug is stinkin' cute....and those "old" soda bottles bring back memories.

Jocelyn said...

What great pics....looks like your family had a great day!!!

Love the pug pic toooooo!!!

We too are in the 100's and I hate it....I have to venture out today and it make me feel soooo sick!!! Stay cool too my friend!!!

Jingle said...

These are super cute photos!!! I love that you share the batter spoon with your puppy! I should do that! They would LOVE IT!!!

Lisa Dorsey said...

What amazing pictures Chris!!! Love the first one especially!

Scrappy Girl said...

Great sunny photo! Love the fireworks.

btw...Oak Island is 60 miles north of Myrtle Beach and south of Wilmington.

Andrea Amu said...

Awesome pix of your 4th! Love the sparklers :) Oh and Pearl and the cake batter is sooo fun! :)

Hope you can find some relief in this horrid heat!

Marfa said...

Fabulous pictures...I love that group shot! Keep cool...I know it's dreadfully hot here, trying to keep cheerful.

Abby said...

what awesome shots! you are so talented! :)