Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vintage Findings - Jenni Bowlin Eat Your Heart Out!

A few Sunday's ago I went to this "fleatique". It's located in a field across from Historic Hannastown. There are at least 50 vendors, if not more. I try to scan real quick each table and see if they have anything that I'd be interested in. It's a good way to burn some calories off, too!

Last time, I got some really cool stuff. Check it out. I got the printers tray last summer. I still need to dress it up:
printers tray

The vintage stuff I found were buttons, lace, some thimbles, pins and other sewing stuff.
vintage stuff

Mostly stuff that I can incorporate into scrappy goodness!

And, yes, Jenni Bowlin, eat your heart out! I love Jenni's stuff, her butterflies and her vintage BUTTONS...but here I've got the real deal! This is my favorite place to stop when I go to the fleatique. The lady sells vintage buttons and her mom sorts them into colors and sews them onto index cards. It really makes it easy to pick out buttons!


vintage buttons

Check out the detail in these babies!
vintage buttons cu

Well, that's about it for now. Just a brief update. I've been so busy with work, that I still haven't scrapped. :( I hope to this weekend. Crossing my fingers!

I'm actually updating this from my oncologists office. I hope this is my last appointment. I don't even have to get blood taken!! Do you know how cool that is? Ahhh, I see some light at the end of a very, very long tunnel.


Take care, have a great day!!

13 comments:

Vanessa (aka V, Nessa, oldschool) said...

cool finds :)

Marlene said...

Yeah, some of your text is being cut off....hmmmm.....

LOVE those buttons! How cute!

I hope this is your last appointment, too! Fingers crossed!

Christie said...

Love your goodies! I need to hit a flea market some time. I would love one of those printer trays. I hope all went well with your appt. Take Care!

Cindy said...

Love your flea market finds!

Cindy Gay said...

Best news on seeing the light.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for the light at the end of the tunnel!! Thanks for the visit tonight my dearest!! My Daddy LOVED his lighthouse lo!! He was sooooooooooooo excited that one of my friends shared her photos with me! :):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your finds... that tray is AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Heather Prins said...

ow talk about gorgeous stuff!

Angie... by the said...

Sooooo cool! Those do look like JB buttons, you amazing girl! Love them. Hope your appt. went well! Thinking of you.

laterg8r said...

such cool vintage stuff, esp love those buttons :D

Kelli said...

I just read your comment on my blog! That's us totally, hubby took some graphic design/fine arts courses before he decided it wasn't what he wanted to do. He photography skills are lacking! We had rolls and rolls of logs, fences, weeds, self taken portraits, and beer can photos. Now I hand my camera to my 14 yr. old and she gets great shots of me.

Andrea Amu said...

LOVE the printer's tray AND the vintage buttons! I get so excited when I score finds like that... there's a cool antique mall that I go to around here and I always find some goodies like that too! Fun that she sews them onto cards sorted by color though!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Those buttons are amazing! NEED to find a place like that here! Sending prayers for no more visits to the oncologist!

Larajc said...

love finding little goodies like this!