Thursday, July 22, 2010

Zooming By....

This week has just zoomed by! I blinked and it was Thursday!

Lot's of milestones this week...

I finished my chemo pills on Saturday (did I mention that before?). So glad to be done with those. I'm just very tired this week because that gunk is still in my system.

My son went to the dentist/ortho to get molds made for his expander. Next week he goes in for spacers. I kind of feel bad, I know it will hurt. :(

Here he is getting the mold. He did very well.

dentist

Those were 2 milestones... next one is that I went in for my radiation appointment. Apparently, they tattoo you so they can zap you in the exact same spot every time. I will begin radiation August 18th. Next week I will go to get my tats! LOL!

7 weeks of that, then, dare I say, good Lord willing, I hope I am done with all the cancer treatments. You must go Monday through Friday. Everyone that I know who has gone through radiation said that this is the easy part.

After all that, I will get reconstruction, but that's about a year down the road.

I had absolutely no time to sit in my scrap room and get creative this week... but, I did play with some digi stuff. I made this layout about the 4th of July... technically is was July 3rd, but we were celebrating anyway.

pre 4th

All the digi stuff is Crystal Wilkersons. She rocks!!

Tomorrow I will go to see my oncologist. My liver levels were up from those chemo pills. They made me get a scan. Dr. P (he's Russian and has a very long name) saw the report and didn't say anything, so I hope that means I'm "normal".

It will be nice to have a few weeks of not going to the doctor. I do have to get a mammogram next month. Can you believe that in August it will have been one year since I found the lump. So, I said to my husband, since I only have one boob to mammo, do they only charge half price??? ha!

Don't forget to feel your boobies!!

15 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

I am so glad it's nearing the end of treatments. When I picture your tattoo I think of phoebe on friends, here's my tattoo. it's a view of earth (from the moon? from space?) hee hee! love your layout. the bottled drinks are so americana!

Marfa said...

What an awesome layout....I love that group shot from the 4th! I hope all goes well with the radiation. Whew! Pretty soon, all this will be history!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hope all goes well with your next round of treatment...and I hope he does well with his spacers..I know that part was hard for my Adam!! And I love love love love love love the lo!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much FUN! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marlene said...

Yup - I used to work in a Cancer Center back home. :) Congrats on finishing the chemo - and now onto radiation. Here's to smooth sailing and FANTASTIC news when it's done!

Speaking of fantastic - that layout is...fantastic!!!

And look at your son.....he's such a brave little trooper. (I hate the dentist's office...so if it were me with that mega contraption in my mouth, you'd see tears! I know - I am SUCH a baby! Ok, maybe I exaggerated...just a little bit.)

Jocelyn said...

I can hardly believe that it has been a year.....

So glad to hear that the chemo pills are done and now take it easy and let the body bounce back from that!!!

Radiation is much easier!!!! Just having to go everyday is tough!!!

Spacers and braces.....we did the whole thing with Danielle and the spacer are a bit uncomfortable...but he should not be in to much pain!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous day today!!! You know I just adore you!!!

Jingle said...

Chris, I am so happy that we are nearing the end of this journey! You are so amazingly strong and have done so well through it all! Your 4th layout is fantastic!

Kelli said...

My daughter has had an expander appliance in her mouth for a few weeks now, it's amazing how fast it works. She's got a huge gap between her front teeth now. Stock up on soft foods! And be prepared for the grumpies.

BabyBokChoy said...

I hope all is well for you and your treatment. Braces, ah, DD would be closing in on that, just a couple of years, I imagine...

Michelle said...

What's the title font on your layout?? Love it! I hope Ethan handles the braces well.

Larajc said...

hopefully the gunk gets out of your system soon and you start to feel a little better. {HUGS} to you! Bless you and may your treatment be a success! (BTW...felt mine this am)...thanks for the reminder! =)

Heather Prins said...

yay, that is so awesome!!!

laterg8r said...

great digi lo - love the pics you chose :D

so glad you are 1/2 way done treatment :D

Marie said...

Chris I found your blog today while searching for snowflake digi paper. While I was on here poking around I discovered that you are fighting breast cancer and were diagnosed last fall. Me too! How random is that? Maybe the scary thing is that it is very common nowadays - Yikes!
I totally understand what you mean by taking a break from going to the drs. I feel like I have a free pass for August and then in September I start reconstruction. Should be interesting back to school and back to boobies! Anyway I just wanted to thank you for the paper download and wish you all the best with your ongoing "battle".
PM if you ever need anohter 40something to talk to this about.
Marie

Lisa Dorsey said...

HUGS, hope the next 7 weeks fly by for you my dear! As for your son's spacer, my K had one and really did very well. We turned it at night so it didn't bother her as much. Give him some Motrin before he goes for the first visit and don't give him a peanut butter sandwich for lunch that first day! (learned that one the hard way LOL) I am sure he will do great!

Lisa Dorsey said...

P.S. You rocked the digital layout! Love it!