Monday, August 9, 2010

Are you sittin' down???

I paper scrapped!! Yep, I sure did!! Wow, it's been almost 2 months since I sat down and scrapped a page.

This is a pretty simple page, but it got my mojo going (finally!!) Plus, I've slowed down a bit with work and have some time to play.

This is a project for my LSS Art Tech. It's all Reminisce. The line is called Unwritten and it's got all kinds of cool peace symbols and fun colors. As soon as I saw it I knew it'd be perfect for my daughter.

I did a photoshoot of my daughter and her friend. My daughter had a headband on, ala Elsie... very hippie-ish, perfect for this paper line:

Peace

Peace cu

I added a little bling to the page with a Creative Charms jewel, available at Art Tech (or A Cherry On Top). The circle strip came in a package called laser cut strips. It also had the scalloped edge and the butterflies... no need for a punch, just grab and go. I wanted to add some ribbon to this, so I threaded it through the striped laser cut circle strip. Love how it turned out!

In other scrappy news... I took the old printers tray and decided to use it for a little organizing drawer and put some schtuff in it.

Printers drawer

Printers drawer cu

It fit perfectly in the middle drawer of my desk providing easy access to buttons, trims, glitters and other miscellaneous embellishments.

In other non-scrapbook related news...
tomorrow is my first real radiation appointment. At 3:45 I will get zapped. The only bad part is that I have to put my left arm above my head and it falls asleep immediately (due to my surgery, cut nerves and such I guess). But, they say it should only take 10 minutes, so I can handle that. I keep reading bad things about radiation, but I need to put it all in perspective... first, these studies might be 3 or more years old and technology for cancer is changing daily, and second, some of the studies may be of ladies in their 60's... so I'm hoping that with new technology and the fact that I'm younger will make me able to heal up quicker and not end up with cracked ribs from radiation weakening my bones. It's all for the greater good.

Actually, knowing that I'm thisclose to being done with ALL cancer treatments — THAT makes me super happy.

And, as I've said my whole life, this too shall pass. :)

14 comments:

Dettao said...

Love your layout. Love the paper. I need to find some. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

good luck tomorrow :)
great lo!

Kelli said...

Love the layout!
Good luck with the radiation. Think good thoughts!
Whenever I have to do something I don't enjoy I think about how some people in 3rd world countries have to walk miles for their water. With bugs, barefeet and heat, and I think "Hey, picking up dog poop isn't that bad!"

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that page!! That photo is AMAZING and I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and that ribbon!!! And good luck tomorrow! I will have you in my prayers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Larajc said...

thoughts and prayers to you tomorrow...you have such a wonderful outlook on life...hope all goes well. Love the project!!!

gilroy gal said...

Thinking of you and saying a prayer that all goes well.

LOVE your page..first of all the picture is adorable, and secondly the LO is perfect! How clever to thread the ribbon thru that border! May have to lift that idea!

Jingle said...

Your page is fabulous! I hope the treatment goes as well as it can! I'm thinking about you and praying for you!

Lynn said...

hugs and prayers for your treatment tomorrow. love the photo and the lo is just adorable.

Drea said...

Well, I for one find it hard to believe you haven't scrapped in paper for such a long time........this layout is adorable! Love all the bright colors and your added touches are perfect.

Good luck with your radiation and know I am praying for you.

HUGS,

Drea

Marlene said...

Your layout is fantastic!!!

Wishing good thoughts for you as you finish up your treatments!

Cindy Gay said...

Great photo of your daughter and friend and good luck with your treatment.

Marie said...

Great layout! Nice to see a post from you.
Radiation is a breeze compared to other parts of the BC treatment. I did 5 weeks (everyday) on my left side as well. No broken ribs, no lung neumonitis and no heart damage. Just a bit of pinking up and my collar bone area split but it quickly healed. I used Calendula cream (from whole foods - baby cream) all over the radiated area - neck to ribs to middle back - and boy did it ever help!
I did experience just a bit of heartburn so you should watch out for that and take something for it if you experience that as well. I got Zantac but didn't have to take it for too long.
I'll be thinking of you and sending you tons of good wishes. You will do just fine and you will see the time will fly by!
Email me if you have any questions.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your treatments. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Your page is beautiful. I love the photo... so creative! have a great day! Amy Tara

Marfa said...

Pretty layout!
I hope radiation went well...I am praying for you!