Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finally... the printers tray!!

I can't believe it's been a whole week since my last post. I was going to post something last Friday (a freebie), but then one thing after another had to get done. Duty calls! Gotta work. I'm really glad I love my job.

School starts next Monday, so this past Monday we went to orientation for Ethan to go to middle school. He had trouble with his locker, but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it. I hope he knows someone in his homeroom. Don't first days just suck? And Emma will be going to high school.... HIGH SCHOOL... did I just write that? Wow, seems like yesterday she was an itty bitty babe in my arms. I'm sure she will do fine. And since she is 5 foot 6 already, I don't think she will get kicked by anyone on freshman kick day. Yep, my daughter is officially about an inch and a half taller than me. And gorgeous (if I do say so myself). My friend Patti's husband thought Em was 17! I quickly said "oh no, she's only going to be 14!" (9th grade is HS here)

Seriously, do I look old enough to have a 17 year old? (don't answer that!) ;)

skunky line2

Here is the 7 Gypsies Printers Tray. I must say, I love this. I loved working on it, had fun doing it. I painted, sprayed mists, inked edges and even used a Tattered Angels mist template. I think my gianormous pink butterfly is rather gaudy, but that's OK. I figure if there is something that I don't like down the road, I can just take it off and replace it with something else.

PT 1

Couple of close ups... cause, you know, I like 'em!

PT 2

PT 4

PT 3

That's it for today. Hope you have time to play with some creative stuff!!

18 comments:

Whippet said...

The tray is beautiful!

Debbie Gaydos said...

WOW. I mean, wow, wow, WOW! This is just stunning! I love how it all works together so beautifully, the photos you used, it's just wonderful!! Awesome job!

Jocelyn said...

Oh how awesome is this Chris!!!! I love every detail and the pink butterfly rocks!!!! You did a Fabulous job with it and now you have inspired me to break out the two that I have a get to work!!!

Hope all is well....call if you get some down time!!!!

Good Luck to the children starting school next week...Evan is super nervous!!!!

Jingle said...

This looks amazing, Chris!!! I love it!!!! I so need to do one of these!

Marlene said...

That tray is GORGEOUS!!!! You so DO NOT look old enough to have a 17 year old!!!!!!! Gosh, you barely look 25!

Linda said...

Gorgeous! You did a great job!

Cindy Gay said...

It is beautiful! Like the butterfly on the lower section too.

Sharla said...

Wow, love it!! I love the picture of your front door! I have a thing for doors/windows/entryways, I really like yours!

Danielle said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Erica Hettwer said...

I love it!!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* i just realized on sunday that my EIGHTH grader is an INCH taller than ME! And I am 5'9"... *sigh* :):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your printers tray!! JUST GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

What a gorgeous project and a beautiful inspiration ! You have just nudged me to start on mine.

Gretchen said...

That is gorgeous Chris!! :) Your family is beautiful! :)

Larajc said...

Amazingly beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Kelli said...

It's awesome! I just saw one at the scrapbook store and didn't look at it twice but now I want one!

Jody said...

Wow Chris, your tray turned out beautiful! As is your family :)
Thinking of you...

Amy said...

LOVE the birds detail along the 'home' box....so cute! hope you are doing well :)

ellen s. said...

this is so beautiful! what a treasure!