Thursday, September 30, 2010

Knobs and Knockers....

yeah, you know I had to relate the title to Breast Cancer Awareness month, right? Go get your knockers checked!!

OMG, I am probably gonna get all kinds of weird hits on that title!

The last time I was in Michaels, armed with not one, but TWO gift cards from my birthday loot, I came across these adorable knobs in the dollar bin. They had one with a chandelier, the others say pull, open and discover. I bought 10 of these babies, and promptly put them on my dresser in my scraproom as soon as I came home.

I love them. Originally I wanted pink glass knobs, but at $10 per knob x 10 knobs... that wasn't gonna happen. These are cute and fun and whimsical.

dresser

Here is a a close up. I apologize for these blurry photos. I either have really bad lighting in my scraproom or really shaky hands, or both:

knobs

Last Friday, which was my last day of radiation, I hear a knock on my door. I thought it might be a neighborhood kid selling some candy... I opened the door and it was a delivery, for moi!! My dear friend Anna sent me these luscious strawberries for completing my radiation. These bad boys were delicious. Yes, they are all gone. Thank you Anna Banana!!

strawberries

Today was yet another surprise. Another good friend sent me the most gorgeous card and a pack of Lizzy K ribbons with the roses on them!! Thank you Erica! I love it!!

Ericka

(I've wanted these since like forever!!)

Well, that was my week... oh, I also worked, worked, and then worked some more. I had a very productive week.

Have a great weekend!!!

12 comments:

ellen s. said...

that is so sweet of them! and delicious, too.

LOVE your knobs and knockers ;)

Jamie Lane said...

mmmm, those look like they were delicious! Loving that rose ribbon too!

Vintage Love and Photographs said...

I LOVED that line they have at Michaels!

Rachel said...

I love your knobs!! (dirty mind I know) LOL I so had to say it. Thanks for the chuckle.

Congratulations on the last treatment! YEAH! Happy dance time!!

Your creativity keeps flourishing. What beautiful stuff.

Erica Hettwer said...

Those knobs are so cute! I can't believe how fast that got to you. I'm glad you like it and I can't wait to see the fabulousness that you create with it! :D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for happy mail...and LOVING the knobs! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marlene said...

Just made my annual "knockers" appointment today!! :)

Those knobs are too cute...but those dang strawberries are delightful!!! Did you eat them all?

Shelley Haganman said...

The dresser is just adorable!! Do you just love awesome deals and gifts from friends!! :)

Lisa Dorsey said...

What awesome friends! Those strawberries look amazing. That dresser looks great, I think I like those knobs better than pink, although pink would have been cute too.

joscelyne cutchens said...

I have been thinking about you a lot lately! I am so glad that you have completed your treatments!! What sweet goodies you received :)

Drea said...

Hello my dear! Knobs and Knockers..........this is the place to be! LOL

I love those, I must get to Mike's and find me some!!

I am sooo glad to hear you have finished up radiation. I know you will be happy to get on with your life and not be going to the Dr's all the time!

WHAT great friends you have, you are indeed BLESSED.

Hugging you so tight and praying for you,

Drea

deana said...

Those knobs are adorabe... pefect for your scrap room! And yummy looking strawberries... what a sweet surprise! :-)