Monday, October 18, 2010

A Scrappy Page!! Finally!

Here ya go! A scrappy page. It's not super blinged up or anything. I did this for my LSS, Art Tech. It's all Basic Grey. I used Cindy's EK Success big punch on the edges while at the crop last week. I had never used an EK Success punch before. I like how they lock closed.

fall day

Couple of close ups:

fall day cu 1

I really like these BG flowers:

fall day cu 2

And here is a picture of my baby... oh, how I love, love, LOVE this purse!! Seriously...

Coach Purse

What's funny is I never thought of myself as a purple person... this is more on the magenta side, tho. I like it. Coach outlets are the best. When we went last week they had a Columbus day sale, plus if you donated $1 to Breast Cancer, you got another 5% off. Of course I donated the $1... I mean, what a bargain! What a great cause!!

Fall has really kicked in here. I took some photos yesterday. Did I mention that I've enrolled in a photography class at the local community college? The sad thing is I learned more yesterday from an online photography guide than I did these past 2 weeks of classes. I did ask the teacher after class if he had a more advanced class. This week, we're going to learn photoshop... ummm, I already know photoshop. I use it everyday for work. I thought the class was more on how to use your camera. I know how to use photoshop. Don't you think we should learn first how to take the photos before we learn how to edit the photos?

Oh well, it's kind of fun to go and the people in class are nice. And, I really like my teacher. He's an older guy, but he's cool. He has cancer right now, and is getting chemo for the third time. It's Hodgekins I think... I just can't imagine going thru chemo 3 times. That's terrible. I told him to read the book "Anticancer: A New Way of Life". They way I figure, eating that way won't hurt.

I'll share my photos with you a little later in the week. I need to make them smaller file size for the web. I was pretty excited, though, to shoot full manual!!

Have a great Monday!!

20 comments:

Steph said...

Pretty layouts! Like the purse too.

Jingle said...

that is a super cute purse! I love your layout! (And no...those were my snack last night! LOL!)

laterg8r said...

love that bag :D

love the layering on your lo too :D

Erica Hettwer said...

Love the layout and LOVE the purse! I'm a Coach girl, too! I used to buy them at the outlet before kids and husband. LOL! My favorite is an aqua one I have. Love it!

kellybird said...

la, la, love the layout, chris. i bought that same paper for my fall shots! i took a full manual class at scrapfest this weekend (taught by kathy thompson laffoley) and LOVED it. love the possibilities. i usually shoot in either av or tv anyway, not auto, but manual is a whole new ball game. i'm eager to see your samples.
p.s. - love your purse, too!

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Wonderful layout! I thought we were the only ones who took fall pictures in cemeteries, lol. They have the best trees! I have that same Basic Grey paper sitting on my table, waiting to be used this week. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Larajc said...

wonderful projects! Enjoy your class!

Liz Michaud said...

Great layout! So glad you lost your Coach virginity :) lol. You will love it so much.... and you will need more than one. Trust me... I have so many now and I always want more :)

PattiM said...

Beautiful lo, Chris!! Love the colors you chose and the photos are great! Cute purse and I like the flowers with the purse.. Did you take that photo? Hope you have a great week!!

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Jamie Lane said...

Great layout! I soo love that punch, one of my favorites! :)

And...your bag is adorable! I love the purple(y)/magenta color, adds such a pop to it! Great find!

Shelley Haganman said...

Cute layout and the pictures are fab!! I LOVE this time of year!

Tracy said...

I can see why this is your favorite purse.

Amy said...

love how your purse matches the mums! :) cute l/o, too :)

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty layout and I really like the orange/blue ric rac like border. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I must get to Art Tech soon. Probably haven't been there since March.

Marlene said...

Such a GREAT layout! Love the little flowers you added. Heck, everything looks so wonderfully put together!

That purse rocks! (Though I'm more of a purple girl, myself...so I'll just pretend the magenta is PURPLE!) Heehee!

Melissa said...

Great layout! I found you on two peas and now I'm a follower. Actually its a small world because I was reading your blog and I scrolled down and saw Gaye and Kyla and was like "I KNOW THEM!" - they take my ATC classes in Richmond! How crazy is that?!?! I would love for you to check out my blog and become a follower if you like!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love that page Chris! I loveeeeeee the photos and the colors...and your purse is BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Whippet said...

Love the layout and your bag too:-) So nice to see the fall colors.

Jocelyn said...

LOVE that LO...screams Fall and I adore it!!!

Now girlie...I am loving that Coach Bag...You know I am such an addict and the color is perfect!!!

So sorry about the class..but glad that you like the teacher and other class members!!!

Have a great one!!!! Love you girlie!!!

ellen s. said...

okay so i need that coach bag b/c i have that mum and they would match ;)

love your layout and OF COURSE it is a good cause!!!!!