Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sweet Treats!!

I'm leaving in about 12.5 hours for a scrap retreat with some girls I met online. I've "known" these girls for years on the message boards - Creating Keepsakes and a few other scrap sites. It's going to be so cool to meet them all in person.

I have scrap goody bags to give them, but I also made these really cool treats. When I bought the knobs for my dresser, each one came in a plastic package. I held on to these thinking I could do something with them.

Here's what I did.

First, I made some labels on my computer and then printed them out on label paper. I had some kraft crack n' peel, so I used that.

Candy 2

Next, I took a really cool Martha Stewart butterfly stamp and using my brayer and some paint I "stamped" onto the plastic boxes.

Candy 1

While the paint dried, I cut out my labels and gave them a little notch at the folding point and a decorative edge.

Here they are:

Candy 3

They look cool all stacked together, making a full butterfly. Love how the fall M&Ms look in the boxes.

I guess this is upcycling??!!

Candy 4

I seriously love how these turned out. I picked the number 12 because there are 12 girls coming. I saw this design on a tea label and kind of "scraplifted" it.

I hope to get at least a few layouts done in between all the shopping and eating and well, someone is bringing Marg & Rita.... I hear they can cause trouble!!

Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww what sweet gifts you made for them! I love it!! Have a GREAT TIME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Debbie Gaydos said...

Those are SO cute Chris! You are soooooo creative! Have an awesome time, sounds like a fun weekend!!

Jingle said...

Chris, these look seriously amazing!!! Tell everyone hi for me!

Rachel said...

Beautiful! Have fun!

Amy said...

i'm jealous!! :P these look amazing~~ have a wonderful time scrapping :)

Kelli said...

Those are awesome!

Deanna said...

Those are AWESOME! Love how you did the design around the corner - you must submit this somewhere! Upcycling is the perfect term for what you did with these.

Dettao said...

those are fabulous. have fun

Lorry said...

These were fabulous! I loved everything about them, and the fall M&M's are perfect. tfs!

Sandy Ang said...

I love your treat boxes - the stamped butterfly looks great !