Monday, November 29, 2010

Xmas Layout Using My Freebie

It feels like forever and a day since I did a paper layout. I have had this on my desk for a month, and finally over the weekend had some time to play with paper.

I used the SVG freebie cutouts that I provided in the post below on my layout. I love how it turned out.

Here's the layout:
Dec.25th sm

The title really pops, since it's in green. There is some of that green in the striped paper. All the paper is My Minds Eye i Believe Christmas line. It's so adorable! The brads are MME and the cream vintage velvet flower is one of our new colors from Creative Charms. The chipboard snowflake is from 2 years ago, it's DCWV.

Couple of close ups:
Dec.25th cu 3

This is one of the tags on the MME punch out sheets, I added a simple MME brad and some bakers twine in red & white candy cane stripes.

Dec.25th cu 2

Close up of the Creative Charms vintage velvet flower. They come with a pearl, but I thought this big brad really popped.

And last, is the title that I designed and cut out on the Silhouette:

Dec.25th cu 1

I love the drop shadow.

If you do happen to do the cutout, I wouldn't cut out the December much smaller than 4 inches across, my "m" fell away from the "e".

Instead of regular cardstock, I used the Quickutz sticky back stacks. Perfect for titles because they are already sticky.

Today we are (finally) going to go see Harry Potter! I think I'm more excited than my kids. First we are going to have lunch - we're going out for Sushi! Couldn't think of anything more different than the turkey we've had for the past few days.

By the way, I've reorganized my blog and I have a page just for all of my freebies. Rather than trying to scroll through all my posts, you can simply select that button, and they are there for the taking! I also added a handy dandy search feature.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the last few days of fall, because as far as I'm concerned, winter and the Christmas season begin December 1st!!

Have a great day!!

7 comments:

Steph said...

Great layout! Love all the embellishments.

Holly* said...

super cute layout!

Tracy said...

Teehee, love the expression on your son's face. Excellent layout.
Took my girls for lunch then to see Harry Potter, we all liked it.

Marlene said...

Your layout looks terrific! I will have to investigate your freebies more closely! I didn't even know you had any until I saw the December 25th one! Thanks!

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice. The papers are adorable and I like the envelope like tag "closure".

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos...and that twine! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous LO....I just adore it and those pics...just warmed my heart!!!

You should link this us to Paper Issues!!! We are looking for Christmas projects and this one is perfect!!!

Have fun...with Harry....:-)

Wishing you a great day!!!