Thursday, December 9, 2010

December Daily Days 1-4

I'm having a blast with this December Daily! I'm doing the inside pages hybrid style, using last seasons Crystal Wilkerson's Christmas kit. Here is a link to the papers that I'm using. They are on sale today on the Jessica Sprague site. Dec. 09 stuff here.

I think Crystal Wilkerson's designs are phenomenal! She also designs for Echo park!!

Here is my day 1. I did this hybrid, and I made it relatively simple. I have one or 2 papers, used a punch, and then did something special with the number:
day 1

Detail:
day 1 cu

Day 2:
day 2

I hand cut out the snowman & the letter A:
day 2 cu

Day 3:
day 3

Detail, I used Ranger Distress Stickles on the holly leaves, which are really, really --- really old, from Making Memories!
day 3 cu

Day 4:
day 4

Detail, another little hand cut critter from Crystal's digi kit, too cute:
day 4 cu

Here's how I'm putting it together. I've set up an 8 1/2 x 11 template in photoshop. Each page is 8x8. I figure out where the photo goes and leave a white space there for position (also saves on ink, no need to ink what you don't see). There is a few inches left at the top, so I put the things there that I want to cut out, like the snowman or the strips of border paper. Then I cut everything out and add some stickles and I'm done. It really doesn't take that long. I've noticed a few typos, but I wanted to make this easy on myself, so I'm not stressing about it. I'm just happy to get it done!

Are you doing the December daily? Are you enjoying it? I am, but I'm spending so much time in my craft room that I haven't finished decorating! We do have the tree up, tho!

Have a great day! Hope you can get crafty/scrappy/artsy today!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Your pages are wonderful. I love the numbers and the cute characters on them.

Jamie Lane said...

Loving your book, such fun details!

Jingle said...

These look great, Chris!

hilde janbroers said...

beautiful pages!

Erica Hettwer said...

Lookin' good, Chris! :D I have tons of those old MM holly leaves! I love how you Stickled them, I'm definitely going to have to try that.

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice. Like the photo with the snow and the bus. Great hybrid journaling. You've been busy!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just loveeeeeeeeeeeee these Chris!! Aren't those Starbucks sleeves the BESTEST EVER for scrappers???? I've all ready made a banner out of some of them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jessica B - crafty_chic_girl said...

LOVE your style...your pages are fab!

Jocelyn said...

Love this...I so wanted to do one..but I just cannot ever find the time!!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!

LollyChops said...

WOW! I totally love this!!!! That starbucks LO ROCKS!

Keshet said...

I adore these! Not too simple at all, and simple is great!