Monday, December 6, 2010

December Daily & a Layout

I had fun this past weekend crafting away! I had 2 cans of Krylon crackle spray paint, the crackle and the base, that I had gotten at Michaels on clearance for 99¢ a can. While having a Harry Potter fest on Saturday, I’d run down to the basement and spray another coat on.

Sunday, I decorated up the cover, here’s how it turned out:
CH_DD_cov

Couple of closeups:
DD cov CU

The crackle:
DD cov Crackle

I tried to get a medium crackle, but it sort of turned out smallish. It's still cool. And was a great surface to work on.

I think I need some baubles or something to hang from the bow. I can always add stuff.

I also did this layout real quick. I used the My Minds Eye Lost & Found papers:
CH Happy Baby sm
CH Happy Baby cu

That’s it for today. I’m going to go work on the inside pages for the December Daily.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful day!!

15 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

I JUST LOVE YOUR LAYOUT--WAY TOO CUTE!

Jingle said...

Your layout is gorgeous and I love your album!

Steph said...

Beautiful album. The crackle is so pretty. Love the layout too!

Tracy said...

Beautiful cover for you Dec. Daily. The crackle turned out perfectly. You had a Harry Potter fest we had a zombie fest while I created Christmas cards.
Maybe it will be Harry Potter for us next weekend ;)
Such a cute layout.

Becky said...

Way cool album! I love it!

Shell said...

Love your album!

I was tidying up in the weekend - and I found my December Daily album from 2 years ago, which I finished and I took all the photos... however I did not get the photos into the album. I was thinking I really have to finish it over the break - as it is going to be so cute when it is done!

Sharla said...

Love the crackle effect and the blue on the side..gorgeous!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS Chris!! I love love love that crackle paint!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy Gay said...

Love the crackle effect. I have those red alphas! Cute baby Emma layout.

BabyBokChoy said...

Wow, that album is gorgeous!!!! And very creative way of using these paper for beach photos, awesome!

Marlene said...

Oooh...that crackle effect is awesome!

The layout is gorgeous, too!

Amy said...

love how the crackle paint turned out...might have to try that myself sometime :)

Casey Wright said...

Awe! Your layout is just beautiful and that crackle paint looks amazing! TFS!

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

The crackle looks great and I love your layout! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.

Larajc said...

I love that you used crackle...it is a wonderful medium and gives a great look on projects!