Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Freebie & December Daily

Happy Friday!! Only 22 days until Christmas!

First up, a Friday Freebie. Actually, there are TWO! I have a snowflake and a reindeer for you.

Here is a reindeer. I used him on a card a few years ago. He cuts out really nicely:
reindeer sm

Here's the reindeer link.

And, this is the snowflake. It's a very simple one:
Snowflake sm

Snowflake link.

Enjoy!!

I've hopped on the December Daily bandwagon. I had this old binder from a paper company, just sitting around, and I thought hmmm, this would be great repurposed.

Here is the before:

neenah cov
neenah inside

I'm still working on the after. I have the page of day one somewhat complete. I'm going hybrid, or digi, or traditional, or maybe all three.

At first I was very stressed about the December Daily because there are so many beautiful albums and I thought that mine just wouldn't stack up to those gorgeous ones. Then I thought what they heck, why stress over it? Just have fun with it.

That is my intention, just have fun. I'll use it as a springboard for some experimentation with products and paints and stamps... things like that. I want to make it chock full of goodies. I want to put receipts, photos, tags, stuff like that. Maybe even used up gift cards. I thought it would be neat to look back next year or the middle of summer at all the December stuff.

Well, I am off to craft for a good 2 solid hours until I have to pick my son up from school.

Hope you have a scrappy day!!

7 comments:

Whippet said...

Very pretty freebies, Chris. BTW, I just love the blog headers you did - cute, cute, cute! Great idea for the December Daily (which I'm not trying this year, LOL) - have fun!

Marlene said...

Thanks, these are great!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the reindeer file Chris! It's perfect for what I need.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the reindeer and snowflake and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that you are doing Dec. Daily!! Can't wait to see the 'after'! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [04 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, I love your reindeer!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa post on Dec. 04, 2010. Thanks again.